Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

U-711 the continuation of "spruce and glue"

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

U-711 the continuation of "spruce and glue"

Old 09-14-2022, 10:10 PM
Clugh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default U-711 the continuation of "spruce and glue"

Hi,
The boat is actually made of a combination of luan, birch, and balsa wood. It was said by my German colleague that has never built a 1/8th scale unlimited that it would be heavy but without the thin deck the weight is slightly under 5,pounds with the motor in it is still only about 7 pounds lt would be less witb a 1527. Knowing this I think it will finish loaded around 10-12 pounds as is but I have not finished lightening the hull bulkheads. The foam has cured over a year before the expansion overflow was cut offf and shaped. It wont be the Tosti Asti as originally planned. I'm going with the U-711 Miss 7-11 to utilize and enclosed cockpit for this hull. It is totally scratch built from Finlay Pay n Pak turbine plans. The nose extension has been added and of course the ram wing with active flaps will be added. It has left generally is the radio, drive train installation and decking. I haven't decided on the rudder for this one but It will run a Virginia craftsmen's fin, The strut is a Aeromarine Laminates. streamlined set up for a turned down 1/4 inch drive.

Enjoy the build.

Vielen Dank
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 09-15-2022 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:03 AM
Clugh

Hi
Welsey's will handle the vinyl at 125.00. The boat onlt has front canard and a horizontal stabilizer so I will make the flaps independently controlled and select them to be used as elevons. Vtail mix is essentially the same. The stationary section of the canards are being constructed from wood now ,but I think will 3dp the flaps in PLA from end to end with the bore to fit the hinge tubing. As elevons they theoretically can control pitch and roll

Enjoying a day in from all the rain..
Regards,
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 09-30-2022 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:16 PM
Clugh