Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

The Corvus

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

The Corvus

Old 04-21-2023, 09:51 AM
Clugh
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Exo
You do not get it.
The real challenge was closed 2014, with a hull which was checked after record.
And for me there is exactly one world, so only one world record can exist. I do not care about if it is recognized by you or other sanctions, as long i know i fullfill the rules.

Even if you set a new record, i can then also doubt everything happening on such an event....

You came up with 5k € special parts in your monolog.

And last note: with 5/16 i could drive NAMBA right? and i can drive IMPBA, right? So it meets both regulations...

Bye

PS: maybe i come back with the current boat. If someone cracks 120mph avg
THIS ALSO IS NOT THE POINT THE POINT IS THE RULES ARE NOT THE SAME AND NO JUST COZ YOU PASS A "STRAKE RULE ON A BOAT THAT SUPPOSEDLY HAS NO CONCAVITY TO ONE WITH STRAKEs" does not mean you pass in another because the strake rule isn't the only criteria to be deemed legal. The language is different in each body.

Do u get that? So the answer is no. it doesnt mean anything that you pass in one body or the other when regulatory language is different between the two there are also other things suspect about your boat. What did they measure if there was no concavity? Why cant we see the transom of the so called revision because the boat in the photo isnt legal.

and no you wont bring the same boat back now that you know it will really be measured because you wont post a simple transom photo boat of that supposed boat now

Ill be fine if you doubt me coz ill just show my boat! I dont need to cheat then pack it away b4 someone notices!

and still you did not answer if CD measured the boat...

what yoiu said is if its 5/16th but who said it was you?

Thats interrogative as well. you dont know?

LOL

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:18 AM
Clugh
Banned

Christian may his the report button but he will not post the battery consumption data and his power density calculations etc. I can do it but i dont want it said i skewed anything so i wait on him. I did scorpions and suffers badly in comparison. Ralph is here he didn't correct it..
Old 04-21-2023, 10:21 AM
Clugh
Banned

If its a real and technical discussion about boats motors or whatever we need to know the numbers.. I have the right to ask any building advisors experience is in what hes giving advice on and have not received a single answer about what mono was owned and the speed achieved.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:43 AM
Clugh
Banned

Looks like they are gone... HMM!

Well nice meeting you EXO
here is my next boat..

When you get the chance you should ask for that 41 series motor data because he says I never competed and do no know anything but I beat him by 3 and half % which is significant in throughput power

Name:  post_old.gif
Views: 63
Size:  522 Bytes 09-23-2015, 08:55 AM #1 (permalink) ron_van_sommeren
Registered Users

Views: 61
Size:  1.0 KB Efficiency governs powerEfficiency governs power/weight ratio
Higher efficiency does not only mean that the motor makes better use of the batteries' power, it also means the motor is able to handle a higher power input before hitting its maximum temperature mark.

An example
Say the motor has an efficiency η = 0.900 and it can handle 5.0kW input. That means it can get rid off (1 - 0.9 ) 5kW = 500watt excess heat. Now, by cramming in thicker wire (and/or using better stator-iron, segmented magnets), efficiency increases to 0.933. The motor's ability to loose those 500watt has not changed (by radiation, convection and conduction). This means the motor now can handle 7.5kW before it hits the 500watt (0.066 7.5kW) losses mark.
So, going from 90 to 93.3% efficiency gives an increase in power of 50%, factor 1.5 Name:  icon_eek.gif
Views: 79
Size:  170 Bytes That's why efficiency plays such an important role, in any motor design: efficiency governs maximum power. All of this assuming the iron will not saturate. And the motors weight has increased (numberss and examples in Ralph's post #3 below).
A rather extreme example, just for calculation's sake/fun: going from 80% to 90% efficiency would increase the input power the motor can handle by a factor two (a.k.a. 2) Name:  icon_eek.gif
Size:  170 BytesName:  icon_eek.gif
Size:  170 Bytes Going from 90 to 95% efficiency would increase power again by factor 2 Name:  icon_eek.gif
Size:  170 Bytes

General case
Going from efficiency ηold to efficiency ηnew would give an increase in maximum power motor can handle by factor NN = (1 - ηold) / (1 - ηnew)
Copper as thick as possible for ...
  • higher efficiency
  • more power
  • lower rpm drop under load
  • lower losses
  • lower temperature
  • at the cost of less cooling
Ignoring skin effect at high electrical rpm.

Vriendelijke groeten RonLast edited by ron_van_sommeren; 09-24-2015 at 10:45 AM..

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:02 AM
Clugh
Banned

Default Scorpion continues with their R&D....

Hmm that's beautiful Ralph! Glad to see you are also doing something constructive with your time. Great job!!!!
Just lay off the part motors and it will really be wonderful!

Regards
Hubert
Old 04-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Clugh
Banned

Please go ahead and use the ABB winding scheme and your troubles will be all over . U will not need segmented magnets etc. Its elegant! U can put it all at one level so go for it!!!

Do this and maybe i can send you and embedded drive for evaluation with your NEW engines.
THEN the boaters can really utilize a scorpion.

Im already winding the 4025 HKIII for the lower drive units for propellor testing!

Happy Amps
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:13 AM
Clugh
Banned

These are the types of hairpin winding schemes youd find in an E range Rover that has inverters featuring our SiC components.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:16 AM
Clugh
Banned

He's developed arneson drives but not full on embedded bldc outboards powerheads that are CAN bus capable, motor agnostic, with propeller load optimization algorithms. and floating point SVC commutation. Thats where Im at these days.

I can do alot with a scorpion

you already know.

Regards,
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Clugh
Banned

Also water cool the wye bundles just solder a copper cooling tube. The more copper the better itz 300% of the phase current there. And with that Im out no measurement or photo of the "real" boat is going to be posted.

NAMBA fell for the okie doke
Old 04-21-2023, 11:39 AM
Clugh
Banned

Christian has brought the competition here so I cant show the boys the mono now but Ill show you parts I make. I have a special cake I'm baking for this bunch that they wont see until I make them ask for the ruler!

See yawl boys later. I'm working on the rudder control arm and Brent Byers wire drive train.

Regards,
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:01 PM
Clugh
Banned

Hi Christian
Based on Rons ,another degreed engineer's calculations, not mine efficiency formulas you concurred with on RCN and several other forums just like maxons Eq. Means and increase from 93 to 96% is a factor of 1.75. That's a 75% increase in throughput power.

Pretty good for starter motors huh? Sounds to me like you are the starter and i guess that's why you are searching for pressed aluminum coils and a 14 pole rotor to upgrade it?

Itz funny to me because your machine doesn't even use hand wound coils a press creates them and then they are easily inserted into a parallel slot but still....these are the numbers

You really showed Tyler and the boys on on OSE your behind! But that's Black Karma for you....

They can keep listening to you and you can keep listening to them.. But you nor them really know me..

Ill holla at u and your little click soon enuf.

"ya brother"
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Clugh
Banned

U shud know a single layer delta machine with hammerless parallel slots is not going to create a sinus signature so I dont know why you manipulated the more torquer trapezoidal wave form with that heavy as stainless hexagonal interior chambered bell trying to make the signature sinus in the first place.. If you use a PM shape that was also blocky to enhance itz dc signature it would have less torque ripple at wot with a six step drive. But i know you know everything. with the standard 10 pole bell I guess you dont see the sharp steep rises in the wave form b4 you put that reverse stepped sinus bell on it....

What a Frankenberry it is by doing that. Over engineered and I told you that and to switch to haipins the 7050 rotor and a six step drive. LONG AGO! You something else kid co....

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 01:47 PM
Clugh
Banned

It so much deeper though. I want the moderator in particular to hear how they roll. to sell products to US. They put on this show like they are in heavy competition but in reality they work together that why you see the scorpion heads on the same man who talks crap about the engines. He aligns and sells one motor with Lehner and was a design consultant on the other Scor[pion. He claims he made no money but supposedly mad as hell at the other for not giving him credit. Okay follow this... They go on a crusade across our forums bashing each other but each time showing their motors respective tech. I simply rewind and off the shelf motor of a competitor and care less about the brand. Since visually the motor was as good as anything they posted they had and had better constants they decided to say because of the brand it was still garbage anyway This is where it gets sticky. I have a engineering degree and I have been studying hard while they put on this show and I realize and know alot of this is bs. Ones motor is a single layer delta the other is a snigle layer wye. Ok follow this ... A wye motor will typically have a lower idle current than a delta. and it has a more sinus signature so you run it with a sinus controller is more optimally paired. A sinus powers system as a whole does not make more torque than a six step trap drive. OK stay with me. They put on this show where they are gojng to report eta through a more accurate math from The German BLDC manufacture Maxon ok. They pull this math out which is based on measured constants you get back when you ACTUALYY runn it with the speed control. The Maxon math still put me ahead by the same margin.. after months of talk sht immediately i get the apology letter hes sorry about ose how great the motor was the whole bit. . he used it and me to get at his supposed enemy but in retrospect these [b]two have been following me around the forums watching my ideas for the last 6 years do you realize. Right?. But here in the end is the plot/ they are having this major contest its going to involve us 3 but then the discussion just moved away from me and back to them again but I'm referenced in every other post like "well Hubert understands look at what he has done here". The hook is this Powercroco does not wind DD motors he winds YY because that what runs well with a sinus inverter like a yge. but for this test ODDLY he winds a DD. he has to know it wont do as well with his sinus inverter so why does he wind it? Simple It put his motor only .5% away from Christian so they can continue to put on and advertisement argument that doesn't mean anything while you forget another cheaper brand hand wound makes 75% more throughput power..

Its working too!!!

No coincidence that it falls in line like that they just work together and stack money .

Thats a helluva hustle. They used it to keep me from telling you the truth kicked in several places. This is why I know I good and well will have anything they bring over here measured! All Ralph would have to do to kills this engine in reality is wind his normal 2 strand YY that won the worlds that Is why I know its a EURO CES Hustle. All up in the technical sections. They had hoped that Ralphs DD might beat my wind I supposes but it failed just as badly.. Pulling out the Eqs was a bad idea on their part. Then one said it invalid so all their credibility is lost as far as I'm concerned. I wind the best Truthful motors by the numbers for American and I can wind what ever brand that's your choice.

u see he has a million letter hes my brother he my friend but then came on OSE and here just now and literally defaced me right out of the blue but in the backdoor emails you read he's helping me defeat the boat with blueprints remember?

You Guys have read everything and you know by his conduct he was never my friend and was lying to me so how could they be honest? To me they should be restricted to the vendors threads. They are vendors playing a bs shell game on you..

Ill never trust anything they say again. ask for the numbers everytime!

end of this thread.....

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 01:59 PM
Clugh
Banned

and you see the double agent has not said a single word after all the trouble he causes.

Always measure it! or you do not know what it is!

Last edited by Clugh; 04-21-2023 at 02:07 PM.