Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

ABC Volan

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

ABC Volan

Old 07-06-2006, 11:40 PM
sneff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABC Volan

I just purchased one of these new boats and I was wondering if anyone else has gotten one yet. I plan on gutting the stock electronics and making some changes.
[img][/img][img][/img]
Old 07-10-2006, 07:40 AM
n.h.schmidt

Default RE: ABC Volan

Hi Sneff
The boat is too new. Nobody has one yet. I haven't even seen one advertized. I did check the boat out though. It may be a contender in the Twin Storm / Vilan EX, derby for fast out of the box boats. It looks good to me . Two 550 motors and two props. n.h.schmidt
Old 07-10-2006, 09:33 AM
sneff

Thanx for the reply. I work in a hobby shop and as soon as it came in from horizon i grabbed it. It runs pretty good but it has a crazy vibration coming from one of the couplers and its causing one of the motors to move about 3/16" . I think the coupler is mis drilled. I was going to gut the thing and put 12 cells and a couple traxxas 14v titan motors in it but now i cant until i get this problem solved. I'm gonna call horizon today.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:31 AM
n.h.schmidt

Hi Again
Did you get a new coupler? If not ,I have a brass Kyosho 1/8" X 4mm coupler laying around. You can have it . When you get it running again , can you gps it? It would be great to know how fast it is ,out of the box. n.h.schmidt
Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
sneff

I did get a new coupler from horizon yesterday, thanx for the offer though. I ran the boat yesterday on 12 cells and I use two 15 amp micro switches for a speedo. (WFO) I'm guessing that it was between 25 and 30 mph. A huge increase from stock. Its very stable and seems to turn well.
In stock form it was exactly the same speed as the Aquacraft ep hammer. maybe 15 to 20 mph
For the money I think its a great boat to play around with
Old 08-13-2006, 06:16 AM
dorkymk3

Hi, im actually new here and recently just purchase a volan from HobbyWarehouse. First off it was pretty quick out of the box but i know it could of done better. I've notice that the vibration was coming from the left motor and it seems to be the coupler too. wanted to change it but then i really didnt know anything and now my shaft on the motor is bent. i think since i have to change the coupling and the motor. would running the traxxas stinger 20t motors with the xl-10 marine esc to replace the stock 550's and mechanical do better? i would also like to add water cooling to the motor as well. any suggestions? and my plastic prop is becoming deformed and looking shredding on the edges. was wondering who would know the size so i can replace it with carbon fiber or berrylium copper props.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:51 AM
sneff

I've since sold my Volan since this was posted but I was very impressed with the handling of the boat.
What i did to mine was took out the radio tray that holds the mechanical speed controls. I put 12 cells in the very bottom of the boat. I had them hooked to two 15 amp micro switches and man did that boat go!!!
I would estimate that it was hitting 25mph. In stock form it was the exact same speed as the aqua craft hammer which is about 15 to 20 mph. One of the most impressive things about the volan was the way it turned. since I was using a micro switch as a speeedo I only had two speeds, stop and full speed!! I could take the corneres wide open and never worry about the boat flipping.
I think the boat could even take more speed and handle it well.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 PM
dorkymk3

thanks sneff, i might consider that as an option to do. By the way does anyone know the prop size for the volan? i just ordered another set of originals but they only last me a few runs before they get soft and end up flexing.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
ShowstopperCat

I to am new to Rc boats - My Girl bought me a Blackjack26 (xmas) which i have had great times out of box - since i've added ne TRL inline rudder, turn fins (wow what a difference) my problem now is on wk ends that all i want to do - GF not happy about that so she's ask me to get her a boat ( but nothin 2 complicated not nitro) I've norrowed my choices down to - Supervee 27, Shockwave 26, I also considered the Volan but was turned off it by local Hobby store -

Which boat would give my BJ26 a run for its money? my girl friend wants to kick my ***** - easiest to run, upgrade for more speed etc ... as i live Down Under in Australia the the Shockwave is the least expenvie $279 Aust everything included.

please help?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 AM
dorkymk3

i would go with the sv27 that will for sure keep your blackjack 26 on the edge but only if the water conditions are just right.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 PM
cool guy megge

im just order my volan today. i cant wait to get it.i tead it is a great boat and i am so happy to get it. it so money saving.man this is going to be a blast because im going to race my other boat the blast. SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
cool guy megge

now on with the blakjack 26. i would rather perfor the blackjack 55 it is sweet