Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Castle Creations Barracuda 80

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Castle Creations Barracuda 80

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:51 AM
superveekiller7
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle Creations Barracuda 80

Well im thinking of getting this speed controller form offshore electrics http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=cas-bar80 the question is, Is it worth to pay the money for that?? do i need an adapter for it??,
One more question does anyone know how to make a low profile servo mount??
Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
jdoug

Default RE: Castle Creations Barracuda 80

Pistol grip adapter? ...is not needed. I use one and like it alot. My first one went bad not too long after I started using it. I sent it in to Castle and they replaced it at no cost as it was under warranty. No problems with the new one.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I also have one that I use with my JR pistol grip radio with no problem.

Offshore has a low profile servo mount, I think.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:26 PM
CadillacDTS2001

I have 5 and i like them. the 80's work on pretty much and XL size motor as well as L and S. very good all around one.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 AM
WO

Cad:

My Baracuda 80 just blinks red and beeps even after sending it to the manufacturer and waiting 5 weeks. Tec support never answer my call and I was wondering if you could help me. I am using 14 cells and a cut red wire extension with a Futaba 2.4 radio and the servo for the radio always works. It did work and run the motor one time but now it does not work. Please help God Bless Viet Nam Vet. Warren
Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 AM
CadillacDTS2001

if it just blinks and does nothing your have a software issue and could have have to need a new top PCM board.
you will have to return it and fix it , castle creations if pretty excellent with customer support.
email or call them again. every time i do they get back to me with in a couple hours.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
WO

Cad:

If you use stick radio with the Baracauda 80 the throtte stick must be centered or the esc can't find a shut off point and is waiting for you to show an end point. Other than that it works great. wo
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Joe Ford
My Feedback: (1)

Warren...email me next time. Sorry about not geting a call back. I'll have a talk with the boss about it tomorrow. Can't be having that. Down to business. First, if you put the steering servo into the throttle channel on the receiver does the servo move when you move the throttle trigger/stick? If not something is going on with that channel of the receiver. If it does, try to calibrate the ESC to the radio. Radio on, hold full throttle, plug in the battery pack, it will make the first set of tones when you plug in...wait for the second set of tones telling you the ESC recognized full throttle, then go to full brake/reverse...the ESC will again make a tone. Then go to neutral. After that it will ring several times...try the setup again. Let me know what you find. Email me though. [email protected]