Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Outboard - Nitro to electric conversion?

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Outboard - Nitro to electric conversion?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
mitchlandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outboard - Nitro to electric conversion?

Has anyone ever done or seen a conversion of an old K&B outboard to electric power. I have an old Dumas hot shot and K&B 3.5 outboard. Problem is the pond in my neighborhood doesn't allow the nitro, but electric can run all day. Basically looking for something bolt on that could couple the output shaft fromt electric motor to the flex drive in the lower unit.

Any ideas or suggestions. I know the speed will not be there unless i look at brushless, but really looking to just get the boat on the water. Worry about upgrades at a later time.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Fast Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Outboard - Nitro to electric conversion?

Check out [link=http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm]this page[/link] down at the carbon fiber lower section. They have an adaptor plate and 5mm Motor to Outboard Flex Shaft Coupler listed. Email them to see if it would work with your K&B.