Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

AquaCraft Rio ep

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

AquaCraft Rio ep

Old 07-25-2009, 07:22 AM
RaceCraftRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AquaCraft Rio ep

I just looked at the AquaCraft page looks like a Rio EP is the next thing from AC!!, It looks like a scaled down Rio ( hence the name) I refuse to believe that this was the voted on model! but it does look nice!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
madmex90

Default RE: AquaCraft Rio ep

I dropped by the site and saw it just the other day, i have a mini rio and was just about to go brushless but i think i will hold off and get this newer and larger rio and then go brushless. I was suprised to see the 2.4 ghz transmitter, nice one aquacraft!!!! i WILL have this as soon as it is on the market
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 PM
kyle 9

What is ABS?
Is it more durable then Fiberglass?
Can it stand the power of brushless power?
I really like the looks of this boat, but i also want to know if it is good/ last.
Thank you.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 AM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

ABS = Plastic
Old 08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: doby

ABS = Plastic
hha i thought so. So it is less durable then fiberglass.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 AM
kyle 9

How durable is ABS?
I want to get this boat because it is cheaper and it also looks very nice.
In the future i would put a brushless system into it, would that be a good idea/ is ABS durable enough for brushless?
Also how big of a running area do u need for brushless? There are a couple good sized ponds around here and there is also the Detroit River (big river)?
Is this boat/and boat a good idea to run in rougher water like a big river?

Please Respond!!!!

Thanks soooo much, As you can probably tell i am new and really dont know anything about rc boating []
Old 08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
madmex90

kyle 9, i have an aquacraft mini rio which is made of ABS plastic and just got done applying epoxy to the nose of the boat to fix some cracks. ABS plastic is durable and light, but if u were to install brushless and wrecks at brushless speeds would induce quite a bit of damage. I had high hopes when i saw this boat which cosmetically looks amazing but after weighing the options of going brushless with this boat or going fiberglass i chose to go fiberglass. Check out http://www.minicatracingusa.com/ .   theyre velocity minis are very durable fiberglass, and come stock with an excellent brushless system. all u need is a reciever/transmitter and batteries and ur good to go. this might be a little out of ur price range at the moment if u are looking to spend below 200 on ur first boat. the rio ep looks great and has great potential but the ABS construction could limit its abilitys in the long run.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
kyle 9

alright thank you very much. how fast do oyu think this boat is with the 550 motor, is that enough power for a beginner and for ponds. this is my price range becasue i want my friend to get a boat and he doesnt want to spend alot of money, or else i would get the sv27.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM
madmex90

the 550 is a great beginner motor. and the 2.4ghz controller is an awesome bonus. if u ever get rid of the boat or wreck it, make sure to try and salvage the reciever inside the boat and keep the transmitter. they can be used on any rc model and the 2.4ghz models have superior control and range without a big ugly antenna

Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
madmex90

and i would guess about 20+ mph. nothing too crazy but hey thats where the fun begins!!!! XD
Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: kyle 9

alright thank you very much. how fast do oyu think this boat is with the 550 motor, is that enough power for a beginner and for ponds. this is my price range becasue i want my friend to get a boat and he doesnt want to spend alot of money, or else i would get the sv27.
Stock with a 6cell pack will be in the upper teens
and this boat will be fine with a brushless system, not looking for 40+
Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: srt10

Stock with a 6cell pack will be in the upper teens
and this boat will be fine with a brushless system, not looking for 40+
alright thank you, no im not looking for 40+ becasue i dont really have a big enough area that is decently calm. 20s maybe 30s would be nice i guess and maybe boating is not my thing, thats why i dont want to get the sv27, ul-1, or the King of Shaves ep.

Now i just have to talk my friend into getting one
Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 AM
srt10

a simple brushless would work just fine on this hull, and get mid 30s and that's plenty fast on a small pond
Boating is fun, I bought a UL-1 this spring now I own two SV27s a MM a MV and soon to build a 33" mono to race against the nitro guys
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
kyle 9

a simple brushless would work just fine on this hull, and get mid 30s and that's plenty fast on a small pond
Boating is fun, I bought a UL-1 this spring now I own two SV27s a MM a MV and soon to build a 33'' mono to race against the nitro guys
what do u like better? the UL-1 of the SV27?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:56 AM
srt10

Boating is fun, I bought a UL-1 this spring now I own two SV27s a MM a MV and soon to build a 33'' mono to race against the nitro guys
what do u like better? the UL-1 of the SV27?
That's a good question... well if I want to go bash I take one of my SVs, and for all out speed theUL-1 takes care of that.. I like them the same.. but soon will build a DF33 that should be alittle faster than my UL-1 and a lot more fun..