Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

NEW to FE? BUILDING a boat? What's a LiPo? Look Here FIRST!!

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

NEW to FE? BUILDING a boat? What's a LiPo? Look Here FIRST!!

Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 PM
  #76  
srt10
My Feedback: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,970
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marcelo Campos View Post
Hi Ryan. Very nice your post.

I am a rc drifter but i allways like boats.

So, i am choosing a model but i don't know what kind of boat is the best choice.

Looking at Hobbyking i found these two EP boats.

1 - Libero 675mm



2 - Sprint F3 Tunnel hull 630mm:



So wich one is the best choice for a guy that never run a boat?

Thanks.

Marcelo

IMO neither..
I would try with one of these as a first boat
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...t30/index.html
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...rew/index.html
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...oil/index.html
they run great and have even better customer support
Old 04-27-2014, 06:21 AM
  #77  
Marcelo Campos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FORTALEZA/CE/BRAZILCEARA, BRAZIL
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by srt10 View Post
IMO neither..
I would try with one of these as a first boat
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...t30/index.html
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...rew/index.html
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...oil/index.html
they run great and have even better customer support
Thanks my friend. Definitely, technical support is paramount. One thing is HobbyKing poor.

I will look there and i will choose the best one...

Thanks again.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:02 PM
  #78  
Marcelo Campos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FORTALEZA/CE/BRAZILCEARA, BRAZIL
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi guys, it's me again.

So i checked some boats at AquaCraft and I am really close to choose one:

1 - Montley crew Catamaran;
2 - Lucas Oil Catamaran;
3 - UL1 - Superior Hidro;

So waht do you think about wich one? Who's the best to a beginner?

Thanks.

Marcelo
Old 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM
  #79  
srt10
My Feedback: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,970
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marcelo Campos View Post
Hi guys, it's me again.

So i checked some boats at AquaCraft and I am really close to choose one:

1 - Montley crew Catamaran;
2 - Lucas Oil Catamaran;
3 - UL1 - Superior Hidro;

So what do you think about wich one? Who's the best to a beginner?

Thanks.

Marcelo
Motley Crew because its the same as the Lucas but different hardware that makes it cheaper
Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 AM
  #80  
Marcelo Campos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FORTALEZA/CE/BRAZILCEARA, BRAZIL
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by srt10 View Post
Motley Crew because its the same as the Lucas but different hardware that makes it cheaper
So are they the same boat? wow.....But reading the specifications they are exactly the same boat including the hardware. Both came with 6-pole 1800kv brushless motor, 60amp esc etc....They have a hull length of 750mm so they are the same boat.

Good to know because like you said before support is a very important service to a beginner like me and i also said reliability.


Well folks, now i will decide wich one is more beautiful to me kkkkk.

Now a final question: upgrade parts, what do you recommend?

Thanks again.

Marcelo
Old 04-28-2014, 04:21 AM
  #81  
Marcelo Campos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FORTALEZA/CE/BRAZILCEARA, BRAZIL
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Guys, At Towerhobbies the Montley Crew is backorder. But the Lucas Oil catamaran is in STOCK. I found two types of kit: one is RTR and the other is like ART (almost ready to run).

So, i have a Traxxas receiver 6518 and traxxas radio 6513, and can i use with boats like this catamaran? Because i have a lot of radios and i am reducing this number...what do you think about?

Thanks Marcelo
Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 AM
  #82  
srt10
My Feedback: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,970
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marcelo Campos View Post
So are they the same boat? wow.....But reading the specifications they are exactly the same boat including the hardware. Both came with 6-pole 1800kv brushless motor, 60amp esc etc....They have a hull length of 750mm so they are the same boat.

Good to know because like you said before support is a very important service to a beginner like me and i also said reliability.


Well folks, now i will decide wich one is more beautiful to me kkkkk.

Now a final question: upgrade parts, what do you recommend?

Thanks again.

Marcelo
Yeah, like I said same boat but different hardware...
The Lucas Oil has better hardware on it, reason for the price increase

Originally Posted by Marcelo Campos View Post
Guys, At Towerhobbies the Montley Crew is backorder. But the Lucas Oil catamaran is in STOCK. I found two types of kit: one is RTR and the other is like ART (almost ready to run).

So, i have a Traxxas receiver 6518 and traxxas radio 6513, and can i use with boats like this catamaran? Because i have a lot of radios and i am reducing this number...what do you think about?

Thanks Marcelo
yeah that radio should work just fine!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.