Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Scratch Build for Reef Racer II guts?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Scratch Build for Reef Racer II guts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
driftwood98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch Build for Reef Racer II guts?

Hey guys really just getting started with the whole boat thing and loving it. This is the first RCmy son has enjoyed with me, he is soon to be9and really likes the boats. I Have 3 boats currently: A modded NQDTear Into, Reef Racer II and a Proboat Mini-c. Our pond is small so I am leaning towards the smaller boats. The Reef Racer IIis overpowered and fun with a 3600kv 2040 on 3s Lipo,I can only imagine the Mini-C will be a blast with the same setup. Of course these mods require pulling the esc/reciever and motor out of the hulls. What do I do with these guts? I was thinking of modding a "toy" boat if I can find the right one. I would be very intrested in doing a micro hydroplane orcat scratch build if it was small and fast could run it on 500mah lipo.
I just don't see a market on ebay for this stuff and can't stomach tossing it.
Your ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 PM
10x8

Default RE: Scratch Build for Reef Racer II guts?

Hi,
Don't ebay the guts. Put them away or give them to friends. I ebayed guts of NQD and got 99c, lol.

I can see the fun you & the boy must be having with overpowered reef racers! I'm a fan myself of r/r. One of them runs so fast, it is actually useless. We even tried a custom cut down X427. We are converting it to a rigger now.! My mate must have had a brain spasm, as he has 4 of them, and I nagged him to let me modify one.

We put the brushed inards of a torn out Losi Mini Slider car into another of his r/r's. On 2s it is ideal.

Also, another funny boat is Kyosho MiniZ F1 hull with optional X motor and 350MaH 2s lipo. No where near the performance of the r/r, but the boat is tiny and quick.

You know those boats they have in Asia with very thin hull but long, and a motor attached to a huge pole with prop at the end? Like in one of the James Bond films? I would like to make one of those for a laugh.

All these bits will come in handy one day.

Peter
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 PM
sundogz

ORIGINAL: 10x8
You know those boats they have in Asia with very thin hull but long, and a motor attached to a huge pole with prop at the end? Like in one of the James Bond films? I would like to make one of those for a laugh.
And I was wondering how well one of those 'surfboards' would run hopped up and without the surfer on it. Would probably scoot. And capsize proof too. Reverse would take it underwater and forward might then propel it out of the water like a missile.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 AM
10x8

Nah mate,
I'm thinking mega cheap, like a plank of planed wood with the nose lifted. Guts of whatever, just ballooned, long graupner type shaft, gaffa/screws, gyro, whatever is laying around. Guts of r/c can be made into nearly anything.

Peter