Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

1st boat, lets hear it!

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

1st boat, lets hear it!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Reb2973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st boat, lets hear it!

Ok fellas, some of you have seen me buzzing around the brushless sv27 threads and asking questions about this boat and a good set up. Well the stars lined up just right tonight as work called me into a dinner and gave me 250$ and a week paid off!! So,, I know its not alot but its free cash to get me going. Have money but making this as easy as the wife will let it be after she watched me with nitro trucks and buggies and electric helis when we first met. I have been out of the r/c hobby for a few years as we had our son and now im itching to get back in. I know its all a hole in the water,sky or land as far as money goes. This time I said I will do it with extra money i come up with. Well tonight I have 250 jump start.

Heres my question,

Is the sv27 still prob the best bet as far as a good sport boat(I wont race any more till my boys ready) for speed and handling with room to grow? Just want the wow factor in a straight run and still just play around with set ups.

I like the looks of cats and the way they seem to handle on the videos i watch, are these out of the price range i have to get me going? I see buying a hull and adding what I want but might get pricey.

any advice is welcome as Im buying something tomorrow. I have until may to get it done for the vacation on the lake we do every year. This time I want the zig zag racer as a rescue boat.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Reb2973

Default RE: 1st boat, lets hear it!

Never mind,, just bought a scratch and dent from towers delivered for 190$.

Ok Im an idiot, just had to cancel that order, didnt realize it was nitro. Thank god that option was available. Thats what happens when you jump the gun after a few beers..
Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 AM
10x8

Hi Reb,
If 'work' asked me into a free dinner and gave me $250, I would be most suss mate.[X(]

I know you like the sv27, but the little fella & yourself will have great fun with a reef racer till you get the faster boat later. This way, jnr will be very confident when it comes to the sv27, and he will be better than you/me.

Half spent on the Mrs to keep her happy, whatever, shoes, shiny things & half on the boys mate for man stuff.

Just my thoughts.

Peter
Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Reb2973

We have a zig zag racer on the the lake we stay at for vacation.I want something faster and my sons only turning 2 yrs old. I cant wait till hes old enough to enjoy , although I got him a tonka rc truck that turns in reverse for christmas at 1 and 1/2. He has already figured out if he points the antenna at the truck and pushes the button, it moves. [>:]

As far as work goes, I just came home with a employee of the year trophy and engraved watch along with cash and days off. Im not suspicious of that.

Thanks for the advice but need better opinions than a reef racer!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 AM
10x8

Well mate, your zig zag must be nuthin' like our reef racers on brushless. Amuses the boys no end and me.

Love the Tonka, boys have them too.

I meant no malice with your job. Employee of the year trophy and engraved watch is good. Been there, done that, redundant soon after.

Ok, get a H&M Skater tunnel with Neu 1515/1Y, 42mm prop, 5s 5000MaH lipo, 240 amp esc, blah blah blah. Shall I go on?

Your $250 will be better spent on weekend holiday with wife/the boy.

Anything else?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Reb2973

Ok, I guess you took my post as I have 250$ and thats all. I said to get me going!! Its free money for me to get started, I know and realize it cost to play, been there, done that. Read my post before you figure out my finacial state..

You ask " anything else?" Well yes, can you answer my first post ? Damn, own a few boats and you think your better than a guy with 250$. Sad to say, put your fleet up for sale, its prob nothing to me, blah blah blah. I bet I have more into my golfcart than your entire hobby!!

So does anyone else have an opinion? Maybe this was not the place to ask.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:39 AM
10x8

No. You have ya nickers in a knot and didn't listen you TWIT.

Peter
Old 03-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Reb2973

so your saying your best advice is a zig zag, maybe a diff copy of it? If we have moderators in here, make it clear, he offers no advice to my post and he called me a "twit". ha, cant even get mad at that. I guess this post was just doomed to begin with. sorry to take up anyones time. Im done
Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Reb2973

Twit
Old 03-14-2010, 03:55 AM
10x8

Get mad Reb? I only suggested a setup for you and jnr before fast runs on the SV27.
Please ban me mate, I'd love it.

Also, boooo hooo, got a tissue for me? Please abuse me more sonny.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Reb2973

Dang, I guess I have to remove my post because people think they are better. I asked a simple question from the get go and guess its was offending 10x20 or 1x2 whatever his name is, dont care. I dont have time for this crap. Sorry to use up anyones time. This was obviously a mistake for someone trying to get into the hobby.

I will buy a boat this morning and would love for 1x2 to come race me, I have a sip/drink by the house that I allow the women to hang out.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Reb2973

and yes , you will race jr with his zig zag!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 AM
10x8

Reb,
Calm down. Don't remove your post. I am not better than you. I simply answered your question with what I thought you and your son would have liked?

I apologise for calling you a twit, but your inane & agressive responses make my stomach turn MATE.

So?

Old 03-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Reb2973

you offer no advice and prob cant. Your best answer to my post was a reef racer. My son is to young to realize if you would have read it before you post. Do me a favor and stay out of my posts. you might know a little, but I need more than that. Was wondering on a sv27 or maybe build a cat. You seem to have a great reef racer,,,im not interested in that MATE!!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:40 AM
10x8

Yep, your right. I know nothing & can give no advice to you, at all.

You are a very uptight person and as long as you keep this up, I will tease you more. I'm having a ball here son!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:17 AM
nick 30

grow up people, most of the people on here are adults not kids, the guy said he has $250 as a starting point so give suggestions on hulls and not where to go, at the end of the day reb, pick whatever hull you want within the money you have and go from there, people will offer advice, its nothing personal jusr guys venting steam, thats the problem with forums, we can take it the wrong way as apposed to talking in person, stick to the subject
Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 AM
nick 30

there are some great hulls, cats, mono's, hydro's and riggers, i have a cat and a hydro that i built from abare hull, cats are a great place to start as you can get RTR or bare hull, try offshoreelectrics, they have great hulls in different sizes, as far as i'm aware, the sv27 comes as RTR only but that may also be a great starting point
Old 03-14-2010, 06:35 AM
10x8

nick 30,
You are a man of amazing skills. Do not ever reply to me and tell to me grow up, ever! I answered this post in good faith buddy.

It was Rebs misunderstanding and yours.

I am not venting steam, just told the man a suggestion.

Peter
Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 AM
nick 30

from what i have seen (reading over the thread again) it started when you called him a TWIT, i apologise for any offense i have caused, it just annoys me when people take things the wrong way, it was not a personal remark at you as you have answered some of my threads and i have taken onboard your suggestions, again i apologise but i stand by what i said, to many people start ''mud throwing'' as they take things the wrong way, thats what i hate about no personal contact, wars have started for less, lets shake hands and start again

i apologise to all people i have offended but i will admit when i'm wrong (like now) but dont get me wrong i only admit when i am wrong
Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 AM
nick 30

tell us reb

how much do you have for a boat or hull ??
is it for fun or serious messing around ??
how fast do you want it to go ??
what excatly tickle's your fancy (as they say) ??
Old 03-14-2010, 07:10 AM
10x8

Mr Nick mate,
Need no apologies to me my friend. I also despise people taking things the wrong way, like this poster.

I called the poster a twit as they do not listen & never will.

Maybe an OZ misunderstanding, but the poster jumped on me very quickly, with abuse about our setups.

I would love to shake hands & make up with the Rebsta, but he will not listen and read my words.

Pete repeat
Old 03-14-2010, 07:19 AM
nick 30

ok mate, we live and learn, might need help in future as i have a new HOR cat hull coming and transfering the setup from my current cat to that one
Old 03-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Foggo

Get a Pro Boat Blackjack 26 Elec. RTR a blast and fast also with Lipo Batteries.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM
SV27dayton

hey Reb,
If you are still watching, (and I know you probably are). It was mentioned up above that most people on here are likley adults. Your first post makes it sound like money is tight and you have a new baby. This hobby can be alot like a gambling addiction in how it effects your spare cash. So I think it's just someone with some conservative tendancys telling you that you may want to hold off. If you don't want to hear that speech, don't put your finantial specifics up. It obviously can lead to a misinterpretation. What a waste of a thread.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
westbeach

Reb, the first thing to realize is that this in an open forum, everyone gets to jump in an throw their 2 cents worth of advice. Do not need to take everything personally. Take what advice that would help you and leave the rest out. Simple as that! Sometimes there is a language barrier and other times miscommunications. Now for what it is worth, a good starter to this hobby would be a RTR. Such as the Aquacraft RIO EP, the Proboat Formula Fastech and the Aquacraft SV27. Do a seacrh on these brands to see what the good and bad about these, if it matters to you. But there is a price difference between the 3 boats. Lastly I would probably stick with the RIO EP, as it comes with a 2.4 Ghz radio. My 2 cents.

WB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.