Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

All-new brushless Traxxas boat in June, 6S capable, 50mph!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

All-new brushless Traxxas boat in June, 6S capable, 50mph!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 02:49 AM
Jon DesJardins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All-new brushless Traxxas boat in June, 6S capable, 50mph!!

Funny thing is once people get these they ARE going to change motor and ESC set-ups and will be giving them a shot at racing classes without a doubt.
but these would make a great class where everybody uses the stock motor/esc & prop!

And like traxxas products they will be fun and reliable
Old 06-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Stinger9d9

Again, I'm not entirely against them forcing the batteries on the buyer, but if they do, a charger should be included. Going only part way by including only the packs is, well, a dumb idea.

Manufacturers are always trying to include goodies they think we need (like those great AM radios AQ used to put in their kits). We can't get away from that, but if they want it to be a "real" RTR then you need a way to charge the batteries that come with it. Come on - all or nothing guys!

Ideally, it would come in two versions, one with everything, and another with only the hull, powertrain and hardware, but it looks like they are set to offer neither of those versions.

Now if i wanted to "rip it apart", I'd say something like "it's nice you can pull the whole drivetrain out in one piece, you so you can swap your out destroyed plastic hull quickly." But I wouldn't say that...

Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: spoolinaww

Funny thing is once people get these they ARE going to change motor and ESC set-ups and will be giving them a shot at racing classes without a doubt.
but these would make a great class where everybody uses the stock motor/esc & prop!

And like traxxas products they will be fun and reliable
I agree man!
can you imagine like 6 or more Titans stirring up a lake somewhere all running stock..
that could be lots of fun for all ages!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:07 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

if they want to sell their batteries there should be an option to have them included, not every car on the lot has power windows cause believe it or not some people don't want them. the same should apply here if you want or need the batteries then buy the package that includes them, if you don't need them there should be a way to buy just the boat. Also i wouldn't consider a 50+ mph boat to be a beginner model.
I could be very cool if they offer 3 versions..
1 just like it is
a 2nd without batteries for a little less
and a 3rd without batteries or radio for even less = my pick
Old 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM
SV27dayton

Titan al a carte! I think the nature of the boat is that it be a pretty complete package. That said most of us are suspicious about the quality of a kit that comes with either batts or a charger. These are prefrence items. I'd rather it come with batteries than a charger though. And as far as the radio... 2.4g. I wouldn't mind haveing one with the boat.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:22 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: SV27dayton

Titan al a carte! I think the nature of the boat is that it be a pretty complete package. That said most of us are suspicious about the quality of a kit that comes with either batts or a charger. These are prefrence items. I'd rather it come with batteries than a charger though. And as far as the radio... 2.4g. I wouldn't mind haveing one with the boat.
I have heard great things about the Traxxas 2.4g radio..
and I cannot wait to try my Traxxas Titan on two 5s 5000mah packs in parallel with a S220 prop!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:14 AM
NobodyFamous

after reading all the it should come with this or should come with that, I am just glad it is going to be here.
one of the reasons for offering any assembly line product with limited to no options is it keeps the price down.
That being said, I think all RTR products should also be available as a "plug N Play" type set up, simply to reduce garbage. If you already have 4 or more tx's and a large pile of old chargers (the first NiCad, then the NiMh, and now a Lipo) why add to the pile of garbage.
I personally would buy this one RTR as I am not into the 2.4ghz yet, but If I already had one I would go for a PNP version.
But I am still just happy it is going to be available. Happy boating, enjoy the weather!!!

P.S.
when you type on a forum, keep it real, pretend you are telling it to a guy in a bar who is twice your size and could knock you out in 1 punch.

P.P.S.
when you read the forum, keep it real, don't take it personally. They don't even know you.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM
monsterbrad

ok when will this thing be out I need all you guys to get them try them out give feed back then I will decide whether I want one or not
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM
srt10

And once again, I'm glad they offer this RTR the way they do...
Its going to help those who have never owned a FE boat before to go hit the lake without buying batteries..
Having to buy lipo batteries for a newbie then run this thing on 6s is really not a good way for someone just Getting into FE boats... and when they see the runtime they will have with this boat, that could bum some out..
50mph is very fast on the water, even land..
Starting with Nimh packs going 30mph is the best way for new comers to get rockin on the lakes!
Traxxas really did their home work..
Old 06-13-2010, 01:00 PM
SV27dayton

So you think they aren't buying those battries?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:08 PM
bigcam406

i myself would love to see a nitro version,say with the 3.3 trx?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 PM
SV27dayton

fast electric forum! . Hey we have to spend all our time converting old nitro boats to electric. Take some inititive!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
NobodyFamous

nitro [:'(] can't wait to get my Nitro V converted over!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Visual Perfection

ok well The G/F just asked me what I want for my B-day.. (In July) and she said she wants to get me something I really want.

I told her the Traxxas Titan... This could be a great birthday!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:54 PM
gilverado11

Cool for Traxxas, what happen with pro boat, new Boats, old Motor/Speed Control, some one should design a twin brushless both with 6s each esc and 540 motor with at least 2100kv, 2.4 radio and metallic hardware RTR will be a hit
Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a custom build, i don't ever see a rtr like that coming out, way too advanced of a set up
Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: gilverado11

Cool for Traxxas, what happen with pro boat, new Boats, old Motor/Speed Control, some one should design a twin brushless both with 6s each esc and 540 motor with at least 2100kv, 2.4 radio and metallic hardware RTR will be a hit
the esc and motor in the new Proboat Cat is a very good setup..
many use it in 4s racing
but having 2100kv motors on 6s is a bit much for the rpms
it will smoke
Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 PM
SV27dayton

No it wouldn't. I doubt you'd even buy it. That would be expensive, and not something that people would walk in and buy. You can't walk into the showroom and buy a top fuel dragster for a reason.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
NobodyFamous

ORIGINAL: SV27dayton
You can't walk into the showroom and buy a top fuel dragster for a reason.
What!?!? I had my wallet out and every thing. Shame.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Visual Perfection

What are everyones thoughts on how this will handle chop?

The speed and price are awesome, however I am curious as to how this boat should handle water that isn't glass smooth.

Since I have an idea of what a Proboat Formula Fastech handles...do you think this boat will handle small chop better, worse, or the same?

This could be the deciding factor on getting this boat...as yes it is an amazing boat, but it might not be the ideal boat for ME personally if it only best suited for ultra smooth water at 30+mph....if that is the case then there are other options in the 30-40mph range that would be better for my needs I would think.

Any thoughts or comments on this are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Visual Perfection

What are everyones thoughts on how this will handle chop?

The speed and price are awesome, however I am curious as to how this boat should handle water that isn't glass smooth.

Since I have an idea of what a Proboat Formula Fastech handles...do you think this boat will handle small chop better, worse, or the same?

This could be the deciding factor on getting this boat...as yes it is an amazing boat, but it might not be the ideal boat for ME personally if it only best suited for ultra smooth water.
To me boats on glass are on the boring side of FE..
the bigger the hull the better they will run in chop
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Visual Perfection

So you think this should handle the chop just as good as a 26" fastech then due to is longer length?

The G/F wants to get me a good B-day present and I have it narrowed down to the Fastech or the Titan... with about a $100 difference between the two (found a good deal on the fastech).

Since I have began to love tinkering with these boats, and running them in the water when I am out on the Real boat on the Gulf when it is calm, I think the Fastech would be fun, KNOW it handles chop well and can easily be made to run 40+ mph

But if you think this boat will handle it well too then I need to keep weighing my options and figure out which I want to do..
Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 PM
srt10

So you think this should handle the chop just as good as a 26'' fastech then due to is longer length?

The G/F wants to get me a good B-day present and I have it narrowed down to the Fastech or the Titan... with about a $100 difference between the two (found a good deal on the fastech).

Since I have began to love tinkering with these boats, and running them in the water when I am out on the Real boat on the Gulf when it is calm, I think the Fastech would be fun, KNOW it handles chop well and can easily be made to run 40+ mph

But if you think this boat will handle it well too then I need to keep weighing my options and figure out which I want to do..
I would not waste my time with the FFT
40 in the FFT is not all that easy but in the Traxxas Titan that's not hard to get out of it
Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Visual Perfection

Hmm from what I found with just a prop change and running two 2s lipos will net 37-40mph in that boat...

It's all down to how much she wants to spend..I am not going to ask her to spend more than she wants to, after all, it is a gift and I will be happy either eay since the Fastech seems like a good boat for where I run etc..

Sorry for the hijack.. Just trying to see how the Titan will handle the chop.. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 AM
srt10

Hmm from what I found with just a prop change and running two 2s lipos will net 37-40mph in that boat...

It's all down to how much she wants to spend..I am not going to ask her to spend more than she wants to, after all, it is a gift and I will be happy either eay since the Fastech seems like a good boat for where I run etc..

Sorry for the hijack.. Just trying to see how the Titan will handle the chop.. Thanks!
The Titan will blow away the FFT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.