Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

ProBoat Stiletto Tunnel Hull !!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

ProBoat Stiletto Tunnel Hull !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:06 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ProBoat Stiletto Tunnel Hull !!

anyone placed an order yet?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

come on now is anything made in the USA anymore,even if they say that does not mean that all pieces are from overseas and just assembled in USA
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 AM
new2rcboating

Hi Gasfreak [sm=thumbs_up.gif],

When i was a teenager in the late 1980's , i use to race BMX in Sydney Australia at club level . Having a U.S manufactured bike that meant that you had a quality ride , as most things iv'e ever known have been . Just tarnishes an item knowing it comes from a less than desirable country . Though it looks like it is well manufactered & i may buy hull & cowl in the future , i like the fact that Proboat sell individual parts .

Brad
Old 09-16-2010, 01:46 PM
lapistola28

Hey there Guys ! .... Just picked up my Stiletto this afternoon ! ...... Plan on running it tomorrow . Any pointers from people that already own and have run them ? I know it says to run it with two 2S lipos but how much of an issue would running two 3S lipos be ? I have an abundance of 3S batteries and just two 2S lipos . Obviously it's more voltage but will the ESC handle it ?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:57 PM
lapistola28

Figured i'd better include a pic ......... I removed the Pro Boat stickers already .... lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80618.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1501917  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:59 PM
ron1950

got
www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryItem.cfm
mine up to mid 30's with stock prop...got a x440/3 on there now havent tested it yet....thought id throw up a pic
Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 AM
50mph

I purchased the Stiletto yesterday, very nice looking. I will run these with Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 2S in series. I wasnt prepared for the "sealed battery compartment" I guess it will work but not what I expected. I noticed the pull pull stearing cables are very close to the battery compartment cover, even touches the cover. Not a good idea and I say its a bad design. I plan on placing some tape where the cables rub on the cover to prevent the cable from diggin into the cover. I hope to get this trimmed out and have some fun.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on what the esc is rated for, 4s to 6s is a pretty big jump, why not try 5 first? You could probably run 2 3s packs in parallel. Just looked up the specs, stock is a 1800kv motor with 60 amp esc, the voltage is not listed. I would say 6 s would be pushing it, I would test 5 first and see where you stand with heat.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: lapistola28

Hey there Guys ! .... Just picked up my Stiletto this afternoon ! ...... Plan on running it tomorrow . Any pointers from people that already own and have run them ? I know it says to run it with two 2S lipos but how much of an issue would running two 3S lipos be ? I have an abundance of 3S batteries and just two 2S lipos . Obviously it's more voltage but will the ESC handle it ?
I would run on 4s first
to run 5s you will need to disable the bec
stock with a prop change on 4s gets low 40s
runnig this hull on 6s without much experience will result in a upside down boat