Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

1/16 scale Dumas boats?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

1/16 scale Dumas boats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
barmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16 scale Dumas boats?

I friend of mine has a couple of what I think are old Dumas 1/16 (?) scale hydros which were given to him a few years ago. One is a roundnose and the other is a pickle fork. Off the top of my head, they are around 24 inches long...beam around 10 inches.

Looking for some ideas on getting them wet on the cheap. Between he and I, we have a lot of possible airplane and heli motors that may work. I am thinking that a 3000 to 5000 kV ducted fan motor on a small 3S lipo would be best, but I have a lot of 380 size brushed motors to sacrifice!

Also, any ideas on a cheap rudder and strut set-up would be helpful...and props.

I know there are some threads out there but can't seem to find any yet.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:32 AM
befu
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16 scale Dumas boats?

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ghlight=shovel

This is a build thread of my 1/16 shovel nose. Ihave a turnigy 2836 outrunner in it from hobby king, going to run it on 3s.

I also have been using a mystery 2836-1700kv outrunner in a 21" crackerbox. Those are torquey little motors and would spin a 35mm prop no problem and it would be fun on 3s with low amp draw. You can get them on ebay for $20 del with a 30 amp 3s-ESC.

Another option would be the 2835-3600 water cooled turnigyinrunner, that is about $29 at Hobbyking

On my 1/16, I went with a solid shaft drive, very cheap.