RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - Electric (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-electric-109/)
-   -   whats faster? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-electric-109/4338036-whats-faster.html)

minitman 05-31-2006 07:30 PM

whats faster?

Whats faster? The Traxxas blast, aquacraft hammer, aquacraft pro fisherman. When i say fast I mean out of the box.

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 07:37 PM

RE: whats faster?

1 Attachment(s)
lol
traxxas blast and the profisher are pretty good at speed
but i like the blast , it has a inboard and is cooler !

minitman 05-31-2006 07:57 PM

thats a blast in the pics?

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 08:04 PM

yep , just a diffrent hatch , cuz i lost the other one in the water

minitman 05-31-2006 08:10 PM

what makes the blast better then the hammer?

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 08:16 PM

i dont know , other then the fact that it is lighter and more agile and faster , i dont know:eek:
umm if i rember the hammer has a fiberglass hull , which mean added weight which it not need for a small boat and at this speed !
also it has a submerged drive , which is alrite but you wount get a rostertail ;)
and the blast come stock with a "mod" motor :)
but i highly recomend it but a water cooling kit will bost speed and life of everything !

minitman 05-31-2006 08:22 PM

o, do you have aim? pm me your screen name. i want the blast badly but i have to wait for my stuff to sell on the market.

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 08:24 PM

[email protected]
[email protected]

the rcu market isnt the place to seel things

minitman 05-31-2006 08:25 PM

where else is there becides ebay?

Vertical3-D 05-31-2006 08:38 PM

eyecandy has a modified blast though, whole different engine and drive setup, I have a hammer ep thats stock and I really like it, I wouldnt doubt it taking a stock blast, plus its water cooled, I also really like outboards, they are just cool for some reason

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the pics u see are with a 19 turn motor on 6 cells ! so not a big diffrence
here is a pic

minitman 05-31-2006 08:44 PM

what makes the hammer goood?

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Vertical3-D

I also really like outboards, they are just cool for some reason
ya i now what you mean , for some reason all the boats i have built are desgined to be a OB , , i just think the pro fisher isnt the best it could be

Wheelnut 05-31-2006 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: eyekandy19

I also really like outboards, they are just cool for some reason
ya i now what you mean , for some reason all the boats i have built are desgined to be a OB , , i just think the pro fisher isnt the best it could be
Neither is the Blast

CadillacDTS2001 05-31-2006 08:51 PM

if i was new at it the only thing i would improve would be the water cooling , there is nothing rong with it , and mabey a diffrent prop , but all boats can benifit from a diffrent prop

Wheelnut 05-31-2006 09:09 PM

It could also use a little more room in the hull, which a hammer has and a Blast doesn't.

Vertical3-D 05-31-2006 10:53 PM

not to mention that bad power wasting, vibrating, bad handling outdrive, my nitro vee had the same outdrive, never again will I own a traxxas with an outdrive, It loses power, period, the hammer had tons of room, has great cooling, is cheap with a decent radio, smooth as could be and turns on a dime, I like fast boats and have no want to upgrade the hammer ep its great just how it is, and a good 19 turn vs. a traxxas stinger 20 turn is a difference, I have seen 27 turn trinitys in a car dust a 20 turn stinger in the same car...way more power both low and top end, I still vote hammer ep or profisher, I like shallow hulls and if I were to buy a boat now its be the fisher then upgrade prop and motor, maybe even a novak brushless(thatd really fly)eyecandy I have seen alot of your work on here and most of it is very nice so dont take this as a disrespect in any way, also you have taken the bad parts of blast out to make a nice sport boat...

minitman 06-01-2006 08:29 AM

well, I'm probally going to get the hammer ep due to its avability because there is no place local to get the blast and the pro fisherman is way overpriced. how many turns will the stock esc handle? I'm deffinetly going to upgrade it.

CadillacDTS2001 06-01-2006 02:28 PM

eyecandy I have seen alot of your work on here and most of it is very nice so dont take this as a disrespect in any way, also you have taken the bad parts of blast out to make a nice sport boat...
thanks man !!

yes i do agree with you that the stock out drive is crap , but a metal dog bone was goodto add to it and did improve on turning ! , with some lithium grease on the shaft and the metal dog done , i really had a hard time finding vibration , and the only reasons i changed the out drive ( was well it was cool :D;) ) and that i had to lower it with the speed it would get out of the water so much that it would just lose all speed and bog out
and yes you are quite rite that the hull has minimal space , but i fixed that with taking the inner hull out or lineing what ever it is called.

so i have come to the conclusion , that i over looked all the little stuff that i have done and i would say your best choice would have to be the hammer ep !

minitman 06-01-2006 02:50 PM

really? so the blast is more expensive as a stock boat? i just found a local store that has one in stockk

CadillacDTS2001 06-01-2006 04:21 PM

well u decide , i wont turn you away from a blast as i have one , but then i wont tell you no !
so compare the prices , and then decide!

smitty4 06-02-2006 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is one finally.

smitty4 06-02-2006 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okay two more.

smitty4 06-02-2006 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I GOT THEM ALL!

Fudge 05-13-2007 02:17 PM

I got a aquacraft Pro fisher, and it takes my bro's hammer, and keeps up with my friends blast, but my other friend's villian ex kills us all!
LOL
but I like the profisher, it looks cooler, and can hold up to the blast, stock, but with a brushless this thing flies if you could keep it in the water!