Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Copy of Sonic Racing odyssey cat

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Copy of Sonic Racing odyssey cat

Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copy of Sonic Racing odyssey cat

Hi everyone.

Can anyone here advise me who has copied the Sonic Racing odyssey cat?
I need to get in contact with them reasonably urgently as Sonic Racing has ceased selling spare parts for their hulls.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Tony
ph: 0428 876 859 (Australia)
Old 09-30-2010, 06:36 AM
F1roddo

Default RE: Copy of Sonic Racing odyssey cat

WOW! ..... has someone else copied another hull or is this inregards to the hull that ...... Ummm..... I think ozpulse is building?

Danny's boats and builds are awesome, hope someone has some info for you.

Cheers
Chris
Old 09-30-2010, 07:13 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

Apparently it has to do with that hull that Chad is building. There is a dispute surrounding the origins of that hull.
My problem is that I bought a genuine Sonic Odyssey cat second hand and it needs a new cowl. Danny agreed to sell me a new cowl back in April but he now refuses to do so until the dispute with Chad's hull is sorted out to his satisfaction.
He advised me to get one from the person who copied his hull, but the problem is I don't have a clue who that is.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does not sound reasonable (or like Danny) to make you buy from someone who has copied his work - especially if you have one of his boats and need a part. Tell me this isn't true Danny. You have ALWAYS been first rate at looking after your customers - to send one to a copier hurts everyone (but the copier).

Old 09-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Does not sound reasonable (or like Danny) to make you buy from someone who has copied his work - especially if you have one of his boats and need a part. Tell me this isn't true Danny. You have ALWAYS been first rate at looking after your customers - to send one to a copier hurts everyone (but the copier).
Scratch that. Danny - sorry to read the other thread (on the other site). Have always admired and highly respected your efforts and contribution to this great hobby.

Tony (noahdear) - Not sure you need to search the globe for a source for the hatch. Get the impression the builder is local to you (since the original came from Brisbane and the clone surfaced there also).
Further to this - seemed a little short sighted for you to ridicule one (or both) builders who were in a position to help you ("Juvenile and embarrassing" post on the other site) - think that post might have cost you a hatch .

if anyone has information on a hatch they can contact you with your information above

I am locking this thread - I am not going to see this thread go any further under the circumstances.