Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

out drive on 55in scrab like the aeromarine apache

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

out drive on 55in scrab like the aeromarine apache

Old 11-25-2010, 05:47 PM
209lakerunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default out drive on 55in scrab like the aeromarine apache

my thing is the original out drive there are two screws on each side where the flex shaft comes through the transom they keep coming loose and i lock tite them and they continue too make me mad[:@] so if there is some other solution let me know cant find pics of my out drive but you older guys know about this boat and outdrive it came with a 30cc cobra motor the boat is all original from 1998 nothing has been changed.thats the only thing ruinning my day at the water i want too upgrade the outdrive but dont know what one too put on.so if some could help i greatly appreciate it..
Old 11-25-2010, 06:28 PM
GETUSUM
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: out drive on 55in scrab like the aeromarine apache

show me a picture of the out drive?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Nosedragger

Sounds like International Hobbies Cobra out drive. Pull it out and see if there are flat spot for the screws to contact. if not file small flats. Clean screw holes with carb cleaner and use purple locktite.

The holes may be worn out, see if the screws wobble in the hole, if the do get a heli coil kit and put heli coils in.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Nosedragger

Sounds like International Hobbies Cobra out drive. Pull it out and see if there are flat spot for the screws to contact. if not file small flats. Clean screw holes with carb cleaner and use purple locktite.

The holes may be worn out, see if the screws wobble in the hole, if the do get a heli coil kit and put heli coils in.

I you want to replace drive, get a Top Secret Boats drive.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:45 PM
209lakerunner

there not worn i tryed too wiggle the screw and does not wiggle i dont have pics right now but it is the original out drive (surface drive) i will try top secret boats i want too change out the out drive.too get away from that two screw setup[:'(]
Old 11-27-2010, 11:48 AM
TopSecretBoats

ORIGINAL: 209lakerunner

there not worn i tryed too wiggle the screw and does not wiggle i dont have pics right now but it is the original out drive (surface drive) i will try top secret boats i want too change out the out drive.too get away from that two screw setup[:'(]
The TSB stinger strut is bullet proof and easy to use. You wont be disappointed and take advantage of the free shipping.