Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Faster sprint cat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Faster sprint cat

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Dockman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Faster sprint cat

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

Hard to beat displacement no matter what (natuarally aspirated) engine ....... I rather play with set up than how to squeeze the last breath from a mouse vs a issue with a Rat that has too much thump .............

Zoom Zoom ..
Very well said
Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Tahoe1970

We will see what happens....I drove 2900 miles last Oct in two weekends between Flint and P.A time trials and got screwed at both....between flints hurricane winds and the sensor problem in P.A I was burnt out.

Id like to get involved in that...how do i go about doing that?

I have some fast boats id like to run at speed events.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Dockman

Well what did you decide?

ORIGINAL: zen3

I have a aromarine sprint cat with a zenoha stock 260. I'm thinking of purchasing this mod for it. Anyone have any experience with it? Are my performance gains going to be worth the money? And is there anything else out there comparable?

View Full-Size Image

GZ-29 28.5cc CNC machined race ported Bolt on cyl kit.
Price: $225.00

Ask a question about this product
This is our new CNC machined Zenoah ''Bolt-on'' GZ 29 28.5 cccc water cooled cylinder kit . This kit will give you the Monster torque for the large scale boat or a Large powerful racing upgrade. This kit is for you. Comes with everything you need to bolt on 6.8 true H. P. and 3 lb's of torque . If you like to upgrade your Zenoah or RCMK without paying big money you don't have to.
NOTE: That we make the cooling cap specific for the 28.5 cc cyl for proper cooling that you need. This is not a cooling cap made out of a 26cc which will not give the proper cooling you need for the high horsepower. This cap will also bolt right on the 26cc motor also for a lot of extra cooling.
Here is what you get:
-Transfer ports are modified on a CNC machine.
-Cyl base cut so can use stock gasket to increase compression
-Intake & Exhaust port modified on a CNC machine.
-Our CNC machine 20 gram 36 mm Pro-mod piston.
-Cyl is dressed by hand to insure that everything is blended in.
CNC Machined ''GMM Racing'' Cooling cap.
You don't have to be an engine builder to install this kit. Just unbolt your cyl and remove piston and parts and install the kit. That simple.This will increase apox 15 mph over stock.
As always we stand behind all of products 100%.
Please check our prices, also you will see there is no CNC machined kit like this on the market.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy

We will see what happens....I drove 2900 miles last Oct in two weekends between Flint and P.A time trials and got screwed at both....between flints hurricane winds and the sensor problem in P.A I was burnt out.

Id like to get involved in that...how do i go about doing that? [img][/img]

Usually, just show up. Yes, it's basically that simple. Have a current sanctioning body membership card with you then most of the time it will cost you a few dollars to make runs. The record trials are listed on the IMPBA website as probably the closest one will be under them.
I go to the Flint record trials as that's where I first met Wally. I haven't ran a boat yet at the trials but have one right now that has a good shot at the oval and 2-lap record for its class.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Fuel Crazy

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy

Id like to get involved in that...how do i go about doing that? [img][/img]

Usually, just show up. Yes, it's basically that simple. Have a current sanctioning body membership card with you then most of the time it will cost you a few dollars to make runs. The record trials are listed on the IMPBA website as probably the closest one will be under them.
I go to the Flint record trials as that's where I first met Wally. I haven't ran a boat yet at the trials but have one right now that has a good shot at the oval and 2-lap record for its class.
do you have to be real fast to attend them? Pretty new to this, but my boats are pretty fast. Have gone over 75mph with a Sprintcat with prop modded myself.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Not really. I've seen people show up for practice or just to see how fast their boat really does go. These guys are speed addicts and are trying to eke every MPH out of their boats but at the same time it's a learning experience. You could find some people more than willing to help you out. I've thrown toolboxes full of parts in my SUV to take along in case I might have something they forgot or need. They've come in handy a few times, once was to help repair a trailer.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:54 PM
gtdad

There is no problem running the 28.5 motor. They rev well over 18k and in a Sprint Cat it WILL scream! Get your COG around 34% and then you will need to make strut adjustments to get up to speed! Remember....if you don't blow over, you're not airing it out enough....once it blows over, back it off some
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Tahoe1970

fuel crazy= do you have to be real fast to attend them? Pretty new to this, but my boats are pretty fast. Have gone over 75mph with a Sprintcat with prop modded myself.
Yeah Fuel Crazy , You will need to be a little faster than 75mph. The current LSG27 cat record is 81.847 and LSG36 is 82.357
Thats a 2way average going thru the timed light system at 330ft apart.
Maybe I will meet you at an event if u decide to get involved Like Ron mentioned....maybe attend and just see what ya can do thru a trap system.

Wally