Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Video of us running our boats in Havasu

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Video of us running our boats in Havasu

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 PM
swicher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of us running our boats in Havasu

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhvS3Mn6-6E
Old 01-13-2011, 12:49 AM
samuelmerry

Default RE: Video of us running our boats in Havasu

Running that close to people is a bit on stupid side of things, imagine the mess it would make if you had a servo glitch..... Aside from that some good quality onboard.....
Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to agree, it's not too bright running that close to people or the dog in the water. The guy waist-deep reminded me of the kid in Puerto Rico who was impaled with a boat when somebody got too close. Seriously, one of those can do some real damage. We really don't need another posting in Matt's thread on RC boat-related deaths.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Hesco Racing

You wasting your breath Ron. Commented on his video on Youtube about the safety and got a abrupt reply. He's not worried about safety.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Ron Olson

Yeah, I see that now. I didn't bother to scroll down to read the comments.
The thing is that we do have some control over what is said on this site. When I was Modding in here we had oone member post a video of blowing up a gas boat with a nice chunk of an explosive. Things like that give us a bad name and after consulting with the higher-ups it was tossed.
Soirry pal but we're just looking out for your ass and those of your buds. Some of you can't drive too well out in the open water as shown by your onboard videos so that's why I really worry about your manuevering close to shore around people and the dog. We just don't need another negative media headline.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 AM
fasteric

just a bit your lucky having a large lake like that and all that sun some of use dont have it that good why spoil it for your self
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Ron may be wasting his breathe or, in this case, his fingers, but he's hit the nail on the head. Wreckless operators such as these are one of the reasons that we boaters are losing race sites. I saw at least a dozen points where the boats were running directly at people in a manner that could have been fatal if the people had been hit. It is my opinion that people operating an R/C in this manner need to have them taken away by law enforcement officers as they are a menace to society, not to mention themselves.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Ron Olson

OK, they got lucky this time. It probably isn't easy replying after being chastised in here but we really do care. No, your mother isn't in here (that I know of) nor do I really give a rip about what SPF you're using if any. Lake Havasu is a well-known party lake and if you start mixing any recreational substances with boating it can add up to unitentional trouble RC or full-sized.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
KENDOG689

I also plan on doing alot of running at the river this year,but found a cool spot that at 6am itis quiet.To each there own,some have to learn everything the hard way!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
swicher

It is absurd to me that so many people feel the need to save everyone from themselves these days. Hey fun police I heard it's real dangerous to cross the street, you better get out there and force pedestrians to wear helmets! Lame!