Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Water Pilots Pond, "L27" is Open For The Season!!!

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Water Pilots Pond, "L27" is Open For The Season!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pilots Pond, "L27" is Open For The Season!!!

I hereby declare Water Pilots Pond, "L27" is Open For The Season!!!:
Old 03-23-2011, 03:41 AM
01VIPER27

Default RE: Water Pilots Pond,

News Flash!!! Temperature just dipped down to -4 Have yet to see the pond today.

IT WAS LIQUID on my 1st post?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 AM
rcguy1411

Going to have to shovel your way in today lol
Old 03-23-2011, 05:29 AM
01VIPER27

Slept at 3AM with the weather being fair coming in from passing by the pond and 6:30 AM I wake up with half inch of snow on my driveway. It is a good thing I live in a condo or I would be swearing first thing in the morning as I shovel snow. Nevertheles, the snow in my area ismelting really fast.

I take it is worst in your area? Is your pond still frozen?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
advanced builder

I still have snow in my yard, not much , It's just cold and a few flakes flying around. I'm kinda ready to run.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
rcguy1411

went to bed last night had grass woke up with a foot of snow as of this time still snowing i usually run on Lake Ontario or in the harbour water is just to dam cold to play in right now i do have a little pond that i take my small nitro boat out but due to high water levels there is alot of crap in the water right now will wait a few weeks befor i get anything on the water
Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM
advanced builder

The plow just went by. Looks like 6 " this afternoon. were at #4 for an all-time snow fall record not including today.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
wakeskater02

Good thing I don't live where you guys do!  LOL.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 AM
01VIPER27

I just cant wait to wet my boats specialy the 64F with a new 58 CC Dominator heads from Performance Unlimited. I could play out inthe lake too but itsrough and too cold and I have yet to break-in the engines. Personally though if I had a boat, I would be probably beout there with a broken-inengine already.

I had the boat in tow yesterday morning to run after work but my wife asked me where I was going then she pointed out the window and said, but its -4*C with a snow storm!

It broke my heart...
Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 AM
rcguy1411

just wondering where l27 is located might be a nice placw to run
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
01VIPER27

The pond isjust 1 block South ofHi Way 7 off Hi Way 27. See the link below.

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&o...06609&t=h&z=17

Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Ron Olson

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I finally got open water here and it's way up, up to flood stage in some areas. The weather is weird here yet. We've seen temps up to around the mid-60's then back down again. It's 25* F here right now. By next weekend it's predicted mid-60's again but rain. I'm making the trip to Toledo next Saturday for the big RC toy show so all I want is some decent weather for the drive.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Viper - I have to say it is one of the more unfortunate designs for a pond I have seen in some time.

Looks like it would also be a real challenge with all the power lines and substation only a few hundred yards away. I use to run in the shadows of a cell tower and we had all kinds of gremlins (mind you that was back in the days of 27 and 75mhz)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85095.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1583858  
Old 03-25-2011, 03:36 AM
01VIPER27

Justaddwata,
The shape although odd and unique is a benefit simply because you can actually have two groups of boaters. The wider area simulates a more offshore condition where the wind and waves are ever changing while the long stretch is the calmer area where you can tune and do speed runs.

The pond is secluded from traffic and is in an industrial area. As for radio glitching I use to get it once in a while on the far left side of the stretch where the oulet is with my JRXS3 PRO. That was resolved when I change my radio to an FS-GT3B 2.4 G system by Fly Sky. In all honesty all my play grounds are by if not under hydro lines.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 AM
advanced builder

Hydro lines you call em we say power lines. In your neck of the woods ,unfortunately we have nuke lines , we got 3 of em on the big lake. under the 30 mile limit too CNY.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 AM
01VIPER27

L27is finally open for the season.

Unfortunately as eager as I am to show you my first run of my 64F with my new Twinline Dominator power plant from Performance Unlimited, I regret to tell you that IBLEWUPboth flex lines within five feet of the shore as I gassed up. Yes,you read right.My Twinline Dominator has balls to break two flex shafts.

I have replaced both flex shaftsover night and Iwill re-attemp the Maiden Run of the power plant later after work. I will take it easier on gassing up the 64F and go from there to break-in the engines.

For the mean time, here is a link to my first run with theRio 51 Reborn Run 20110331.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i62-X..._order&list=UL

Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I was a betting man I would say that you had them installed opposite their rotations - easily blow a pair in 5ft.

Cannot imagine anything zenoah based breaking a pair of well made/ properly installed cables - most 1/4" flex will handle 10hp and with overdrive that would need a motor making 26hp - you would likely blow the box first

Flying home Wednesday I was amazed how many lakes are still covered in ice around me. Pond I live on has been open for weeks I thought it would be clear all around.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:28 AM
01VIPER27

I installed a pair ofMHZ Lube blocks complete with shaft savers over the winter and the wire broke just before it. The inner core has separated from the outer coil.

Theflexh shaft werefrom last year's run with the M6 Twinline and were never taken out. All I did was replace power plants and insert the lube blocks. I use a simple rule with my HANDSANDFINGERSPOINTINGIN (Prop INWARDS) so the left hand coil turns clockwise while the right hand coil turns (NORMAL) counter-clockwise.

The shaft savers were tight fitting when I installed them. I had to actually stretch them out to fit over the square drive. The new set is installed the same way as with the old set without the shaft savers.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:39 AM
advanced builder

Your a hearty bunch of racers. In your neck of the woods. I did notice that Flysky transmitter. Next to power lines too, any interference?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Ron Olson

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Your a hearty bunch of racers. In your neck of the woods. I did notice that Flysky transmitter. Next to power lines too, any interference?
Neil, he has another thread on that radio system. Hobby Partz, etc. are at the Toledo show this weekend and hopefully they'll have a couple of them in stock when I go there tomorrow. Hit up Joe Petro as he's there and can maybe grab one up for you!