Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Lawless / Stern Drives

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Lawless / Stern Drives

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lawless / Stern Drives

[quote]ORIGINAL: 01VIPER27

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger

ORIGINAL: LawlessMan

Ron,
Thanks for the compliments. You're right, the pace of sales of the gas drive is not really high enough to warrant copying, unless somebody knows of a market that I haven't found. I have sold drives in a total of 26 countries, about 2/3 of the states, and several Canadian provinces, and yet, the sales are still in quite low numbers. We are not a large community, even if you count all of the boaters in foreign countries. I would like to mention, for the record, there were absolutely no production outboard gas drives being made anywhere in the world, as of the year 2000, when I decided to design and build the first one. As a matter of fact, most people thought I was just plain crazy to even think that a gas drive was possible on an R/C boat. And some people were absolutely convinced that it would never become popular. Well, I have to admit that my first attempt was a bit of a clunker, but a few adventurous folks tried one. After the initial start, I re-worked the design to approximately what it is today and kept offering them. I have only made a few changes, mostly due to user feedback, and continue to listen carefully to comments and feedback. BTW, all of my design and development work was done right here in Upstate New York, and every part of every G-Drive is manufactured (or modified to suit) by me in my own shop.
This ArrowShark clone is not the first, and I suspect, not the last. My design is neither patented nor copyrighted, not could it be. I was ''inspired'' by my previous drive designs (3.5 and 7.5 nitro) which were ''inspired'' by the original grandaddy designs of K&B, which may well have had their roots somewhere else. There are also other designs that, being kind, I would say might have been ''inspired'' by mine, but the record is clear. The Lawless Cutthroat G-Drive was the first of its kind. I think that competition is a good thing, as nobody likes to feel that they have no choice.

One last note, I DO have an adapter available to run a QuickDraw Motor on the G-Drive. I also have an adapter available to run a Lehner Brushless electric motor on the G-Drive. Just ask me for it with your drive and I will include it FREE.

Fred ''Lawlessman'' Howe

Its like tuned pipes, by nature of their function they are bound to look the same.

the x254 or whatever its called is down on power and lacks the same quality as the originals that they copied or attempted to copy. A QD is not a copy of anything that is full size nor is the J&G both are original.

People,
Lawless G drive = A BLOWNUPK & B (Asian origin) modified to accommodate a gas engine. This makes it a de facto standard and its ORIGINAL.
Quick Draw = A BLOWN UP design inspired by a Nitro engine (ASIAN Origin). Another de facto standard and its ORIGINAL.
CC racing Two Stage Tuned Pipe = ABLOWNUPdesign of a Nitro pipe (guess what), You guessed it, another de facto standard and its original

Nosedagger,
Do you own in the least a plainArrow Shark engine? I do, Its 3 years old and is in good running condition that will stand up to my American modified engine. If you dont own one, dont knock it.

Here is the transcript between Johnnyzhuand I about his new drives. <o></o>

<o></o>

Thu 03/03/2011 11:54 PM<o></o>

<o></o>

Hello Jun

Good to hear from you again, Yes, we areabout to release the MC611Drive very soon but not yet. I have attached theownersmanual here, so youwill be able to achieve more information there about this drive. Wehave nothing to dowith supplier of MHZ, plus, this drive has totally different construction compare to their S6.The MC611 is completeCNC billet version which MHZ is made from cast version. The retail price for the MC611 is around $435.00 plus shipping. it shouldbe released in couple ofweeks. Along with MC611 Drive, we will also release the Arrow Shark F1-11 Billet G-drive for F1 gas tunnel. This gas G-drive has function of both clutch system and drive collet driveto useboth end squared cable. this billet G-drive is much lighter than traditional cast G-drive in the market now. Both drive will be release at same time.

Best regards
Johnny
<o></o>

<hr width="100%" align="center" size="2" />

To: [email protected]
Subject: MC611 Stern Drive
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 22:10:14 -0500<o></o>

Hi Johnny,<o></o>

I heard that you are now selling the MC611 Stern Drive that was posted on JRCBD. I have a few questions about it if you don’t mind.<o></o>

-I did not find the drive on your site, is it out yet?<o></o>

-I have counter rotating drives on my 64F. Do you have a Right Hand Drive or can you use the regular Left Hand drive to drive a Right hand prop? <o></o>

-Do you have a blown or internal picture of the drive?<o></o>

-What are the dimensions?<o></o>

-How much are you selling them for?<o></o>

-Between you and I, I know that MHZ has a new supplier of their S6, you would not happen to be the new supplier for MHZ would you?<o></o>

FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS 64F
<o></o>

Jun Mangahas<o></o>

01viper27<o></o>

416*880*8072<o></o>

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ZjYFuohIU

Unfortunately for Johnny Zhu of Arrow Shark who is the "SUMDUMGUYJANITOR" was inpired but cannot have his product categorized as a de facto standard and so therefore his are called CLONESANDORKNOCKOFFS! GROW up people! Its a hobby. Its enterprising and free trade - which is AMERICANTHUNK!

By the way beforeI leave this thread. Does any body here own a GUCCI, GAP, La Coste, Banana Republic, and yadidadida name brand products? Come on admit it... You know you do...

Fine!!! FYI... They are all ORIGINALNAMEBRANDS made by my relatives in the Philippines for the world market for their respective designers. Keep it between us Okey? OH! I'm not ASIAN but I am ORIENTAL, and yes one more thing! Did you know that the Lunar Module, yes the one on the moon is designed by an Oriental? YESSSITISSS...

Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Nosedragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lawless G drive = A BLOWN UP K & B (Asian origin) modified to accommodate a gas engine. This makes it a de facto standard and its ORIGINAL.
Quick Draw = A BLOWN UP design inspired by a Nitro engine (ASIAN Origin). Another de facto standard and its ORIGINAL.
CC racing Two Stage Tuned Pipe = A BLOWN UP design of a Nitro pipe (guess what), You guessed it, another de facto standard and its original
You are clueless, go take some pamprin and a bubble bath before you melt down.Do a search on the x254 right here on rcu and see for yourself what has been reported on it.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 PM
01VIPER27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger

Lawless G drive = A BLOWN UP K & B (Asian origin) modified to accommodate a gas engine. This makes it a de facto standard and its ORIGINAL.
CC racing Two Stage Tuned Pipe = A BLOWN UP design of a Nitro pipe (guess what), You guessed it, another de facto standard and its original
You are clueless, go take some pamprin and a bubble bath before you melt down.Do a search on the x254 right here on rcu and see for yourself what has been reported on it.
Oh so you have heard only...that's what I thought, no first hand experience with it.

Okey, I go take my pamprin now beforeIgo takemy bubble bath.
YOUHOWEVERSHOULDLIVEOUTSIDEYOURBUBBLE.I'm outa here. BAM!! I'm gone this thread is dead!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:06 PM
lapistola28

I'm with you Viper ! It's the clueless like "nosepicker " or whatever he calls himself that make the hobby suck sometimes . If you don't like AS stuff don't buy it ! Don't slam it if you've never seen it !
Old 04-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Nosedragger

Who is slamming it? you guys can't handle facts or the truth.
we went through this a year ago

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95..._1/key_/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85..._1/key_/tm.htm

viper you are just a shill for zhu or you are zhu himself
Old 04-09-2011, 04:38 PM
advanced builder

The words Stern & Lawless , got everyone all worked up Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Why is it that the guy who should be pissed off the most about this has been the most diplomatic so far? Fred Howe admitted that his lowers are modified K&B's except for the gas version which is just blown up from those. Put a patent or copyright on anything in the US and the Asians couldn't care less. YOU choose who you want to buy from. Call China if you have a problem, lotza luck there. Call Fred and he'll answer any problem that you might have right away.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Slow Motion

" The words Stern & Lawless , got everyone all worked up Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. "

Advanced Builder, it's OK to behave that way specially if you're a moderator on another forum. might get locked down but thats about it. check the thread "MACHINED INTAKE MANIFOLD".
Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
timw88

I have puchased2 and in the middle of a build. Im putting2 of them on a 65 GTX using a gearbox (MHZ). Im running it with a fully mod twin from Bonzi. I will keep you posted and let you know how it works out.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
rcguy1411

please let us know how the quality of these drives are in your opinion i have a MHZ S6 drive and am concidering a pair of the Arrow Shark units
Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
rcguy1411

please let us know how the quality of these drives are in your opinion i have a MHZ S6 drive and am concidering a pair of the Arrow Shark units
Old 04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
timw88

They are very well built in my opinon. I have already took one apart to get an idea of that Im in for when I have to clean it out for fresh grease. I think they are going to work out great as for drivability I have not ran them yet. Will keep you guys posted

Old 04-28-2011, 02:10 PM
advanced builder

Yes Slow Motion
It was a long winter ,cabin fever got to me as well. No I'm just a guy that posts ,no moderator here I plan on running @ the Norther Lights RC Club. once this year.
Sometimes it's the littlest thing that gets one all worked up.
Yes I've been trying to be pleasant and cheerful with some humor. We try to havefun
Have a good summer.
Lets hit the pond.
Neil LaGarry or 315neil1007 I go by stupid also.