Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Vantex Bat Power 1300 Rtr W/26cc Petrol BUY OR NOT TO BUY

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Vantex Bat Power 1300 Rtr W/26cc Petrol BUY OR NOT TO BUY

Old 04-11-2011, 05:23 AM
MHZEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vantex Bat Power 1300 Rtr W/26cc Petrol BUY OR NOT TO BUY

Hi guys!

i've been searching for a gas boat that is value for money,fun, maintanance etc. Can you tell me this is better than the Pro Boat Thundercat 31 RT & Vantex Bat Power 1300 Rtr W/26cc Petrol (£329.00)

Iwould really appreciate your comments. This is my first post by the way.

Regards

Dee
UK

Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Vantex Bat Power 1300 Rtr W/26cc Petrol BUY OR NOT TO BUY

I had limited success in finding any info on the Bat boat. Do you have any good links?
Right now I'd say the TC-31 is a better buy although it's nitro powered.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:51 AM
MHZEE

Hi Ron,

Hese the link. http://www.rcmodelcentre.co.uk/rc-ga...s/cat_176.html.

many thanks

Dee
Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 AM
danielplace

Honestly I am not sure if there is a mass produced boat other than a WHH or other reputable well made boat that is worth recommending. If this is your first gas boat expirience and there are any local clubs or boaters in your area I would check them out and get a left over boat that you could put a stock Zenoah in and have the time of your life, later you mod it or put a cylinder kit on it. Parts for the boats we run are available from dozens of vendors. Often you can pick up a decent complete boat for $400-500 sometimes and $150 or so for radio and prop and have a good dependable driveable boat.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Four pictures yet not a one of the interior. For the price I'd assume that you'd be getting cheap knockoff goods.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:21 AM
MHZEE

Ron,

Thanks for the comment. so which boat would you recommend for that price in uk? I'll like to look into the models you think ere gd in reliabilty and enjoyment in playing with petrol boat out in the sea.

Dee

Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
intenserapture

For £329 I would not buy a chinese ready to run, I think you would be dissapointed.

Either go second hand on a decent boat or put together one yourself, I think you could put a decent basic boat together for that money escpecially if you go with some second hand stuff.

Cheers
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 AM
MHZEE

Hmmmm.... What about people who deos not have much time due to family commeitments and work just not finding time to build one. There must be a brand in the market that comes witha good reputation?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 AM
intenserapture

I think if you went for a cheap chinese one, and ran it in the sea (salt water) you could find yourself spending time, fixing it and upgrading it with decent parts. Time that could be spent putting together a decent one.

I bought a decent second hand, well built Sigma 51 with a tuned Zenoah in it ready to run off ebay (other then receiver and batt) and it got me on the water straight away and is decent quality kit. This was for the same money you are looking at spending, but you need to be patient for something to come up that you want.

There are brands with good reputations, plenty of info on them on this forum but to get one to the UK you are looking at big money.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 AM
MHZEE

if anyone out there can build me a boat please pm me.

Thanks

Dee
Old 04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
glennb2006

ORIGINAL: dineshee28

Hmmmm.... What about people who deos not have much time due to family commeitments and work just not finding time to build one. There must be a brand in the market that comes witha good reputation?

I think someone already said it, better off buying a second hand boat that someone has for sale.

Check out the OMRA web site for off shore style models, they often have them on there, especially at the end of the season.

The Sigma is a very good model, I like the Makara too - very good in the rough.

Glenn
Old 04-12-2011, 12:15 AM
intenserapture

I am sure there are plenty of people that will build you a boat, but it will cost and you will end up over budget.

With the maintanance of the boat (especially if running in salt water) you will have to get to now it by taking it to bits and putting it back together from time to time.

Dont know if allowed to post links but on another forum there is a Makara offshore hull for £50 odd quid, get yourself a second hand engine (£100 - £200) that bolts in and then a few other bits and pieces and your away with a decent sea boat that is not too expensive.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 AM
MHZEE

Hey thanks guys! 

I just found a website in UK called http://madabout-rc.co.uk/GasBoats.aspx  selling custom made boats with the Zemoah engine for £350.

What do you think?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 AM
rcguy1411

thats the junk i will almost promise that if you buy any of the stuff like that you will end up spending twice as you will end up getting another boat i would save alittle longer and get a better boat you will end up having a better time in the hobby i have seen a few of the cheaper hull that guys have bought and after having to replace parts wich are hard to get and or cant because there is no support from the seller we get them back on the water and they have been at the same if not moer $$$ than it would have cost to buy the beter quality boat hope this help but stay away fron the cheaper hulls
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
MrMikeG

ORIGINAL: dineshee28

Hey thanks guys!

I just found a website in UK called http://madabout-rc.co.uk/GasBoats.aspx selling custom made boats with the Zemoah engine for £350.

What do you think?
There's no such thing as a "Chinesse Zenoah" it is a knock off that doesn't perform as good as a real Zenoah.
the best advice would be get a boat with a Zenoah or RCMK, at least then you have reliable power that you can build on.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:54 PM
BMAD01

Welcome Dee! Listen to these guys. That boat looks like the infamous V24 from a few years ago that left many new boaters shelling out a ton of cash to make better, or looking for a new hobby all together! It's probably been renamed, but it looks the same. I "HAD" a friend that had one. He doesn't boat anymore.[] The motor was a dog, the header broke, the hardware broke, the radio box leaked, the hull leaked because the deck was not attached properly. The list goes on and on. I think he threw it in a dumpster and we never saw him again.[] Be good to yourself and don't get talked into buying one.
Search out your local boating club and find out where they run their boats. Go down and talk to them and see what they have to say about buying a new boat. One of them just might have the boat for you for sale. Good luck, Brian
Old 04-13-2011, 01:25 AM
MHZEE

Guys,

Really appreciate all your wonderful comments. I was a little suspicious of this company as they did not have any phone number or anything and when the price that cheap then naturaly alarm bells should start to ring.

I think you experts are all right and now i have contacted a chap in the states who is selling a51" with fullworksfor 850usd. SO am waiting for him to get back to me regards ti shipping costbut the boats is fab.

51 RTR with CY 27CC stroker and tuned pipe. Comes with custom stand and standard Aquacraft Radio

What do you think guys?? is this any good?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:09 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your problem will be that most shipping companys if not all+ customs dont allow gasolene motors to be shipped if they have had fuel in them,your best bet is buy a bare hull and build it yourself you will save a little and learn a lot.I just shipped a large 58" hull to Canada and it cost£120 to ship if that gives you an idea what it will cost as regards shipping,import duty is extra and is worked out on the value of the goods.As someone else said contact a local club or look on the BMPRS website and see whats for sale,that might be a good way of buying a second hand boat.
Mart
Old 04-13-2011, 04:21 AM
samuelmerry

That will probably be a much better hull than the other dodgy stuff out there that has previously been posted. Shame its on the other side of the pond.....