Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

47" Deep V build.

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

47" Deep V build.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
mickieb49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 47

Looking good Andrew,  the Jetsprint looks like it is moving well now with the K30 in it too.
  Sorry haven't contacted you in a bit, just been busy trying to pack up the shed and house, i am hoping to get on the water again in about a month, as i need to get a shed built on the new place first.
Regards Mick
Old 06-16-2012, 02:33 PM
mickieb49

Oh i forgot, how did you secure the mesh on the inside of the hatch?
Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: mickieb49

Looking good Andrew, the Jetsprint looks like it is moving well now with the K30 in it too.
Sorry haven't contacted you in a bit, just been busy trying to pack up the shed and house, i am hoping to get on the water again in about a month, as i need to get a shed built on the new place first.
Regards Mick
No problem Mick, I know what it is like to move it take a while to get every thing setup.

Cheers
Old 06-16-2012, 11:46 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: mickieb49

Oh i forgot, how did you secure the mesh on the inside of the hatch?
I used hot glue, I was able to glue some and then when cooled, pushed the mesh into place and glued some more. The chinese boats use hot glue so I gave it a go. The mesh is alloy flyscreen so it holds it's shape well. I could not find any light expanded alloy mesh down here anywhere.

Cheers
Old 06-17-2012, 05:56 PM
BIGBOOBOO

Why didn't you just use a small radio box plug or 5/8 boat transom plug for you radio box on/off switch lol. That's what we all use and it's water proof and easy to get to !!! Boat looks great by the way
Old 06-17-2012, 11:17 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: BIGBOOBOO

Why didn't you just use a small radio box plug or 5/8 boat transom plug for you radio box on/off switch lol. That's what we all use and it's water proof and easy to get to !!! Boat looks great by the way
It is just the way that I have been using this setup on the radio boxes since the late 70's, the lids are a lot better today than back then, I can also get to the charge conection through the same hole.

Cheers