Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ZenoaPUM 26cc carb settings needed

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ZenoaPUM 26cc carb settings needed

Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 AM
richardclausen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZenoaPUM 26cc carb settings needed

Hello

I sorry to have to ask fr hel again regarding my engine.

I got the boat already for a dry run to test the engine. The fuel was 5000ml/ 170ml two stroke oil. Around 30/1.

I pumped the carb bubble and put on the choke. The servo arm set up is as follows:

Throttle free (hands off) = 100% idle. IE: if I were to have nothing conected to the carb, the arm with the ball servo connected to with a spring would be fully extended.

With full throttle ( Trigger pressed in ) the same "L" shaped arm would be in as far as it could physically go!

To start, I have a function called idle-up. I have set this ar around 20% forward... And this is what I set when I try start it.

The engine would not start. It has fuel, it has a spark, and only the odd self running for around 2-3 seconds and then it cuts. Thee starts are not very often by the way.... The skin is coming off my index finger... :-(

I tried to adjust the "h" and "L" screws and I ay have messed it up.

Please coud you tell me what I must do to set them again?

I can screw both screws in 100% so the spring is all scrunched up..... Now he many turns must I wind each one out?

I live in Hong Kong.. 34deg with 95% humidity at sea level.... If that makes a difference.

Also any ideas why it's not starting? Is my throttle open too much? Too litte? Wrong fuel mix??? Frustrated me!!!

PS: when it dd fire up for 3 secs, it was revving pretty high!

Thanks, I realy need some help here and a video if hw to start the beast correctly would be awesome.

Rich
Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
danielplace

Default RE: ZenoaPUM 26cc carb settings needed

What carb is on the engine? 644 or a 257? Your description is sounding like a carbutertion issue most likely as you have suspected. Duriong these times of no start condition are you seeing a wet plug or a dry one. You might try disconnecting the fuel line entirely and manually shooiting 1/4 oz of fuel in the carb and hold the throttle wide open. In sevarl pulls of the rope it shoukd dry out and fire and burn off the fuel you put in it. If it does this fine then we are off to troubleshooting it as either a vaccum leak or carburetion issue. Let us know.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
glennb2006

Default RE: ZenoaPUM 26cc carb settings needed

This is somehow a double posting which needs to be combined.

Dan's advice is good but maybe these two threads need to brought together to get the info out there when the final problem is identified.

G