Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

25CC Homelite engine help needed!!

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

25CC Homelite engine help needed!!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25CC Homelite engine help needed!!

I am in the process of building a 46 inch commander mono and for the time being I am going to put a 25cc Homelite in it, at least until I get back to work. I have put alot of maching time into the homelite and it should be a screamer, but I ran into a problem today when I started to work on building the motor mounts. This 25cc engine does not have a clutch therefore the front recoil starter cover is fifferent and does not have the 4 mounting holes that the normal mounts would bolt up to. To make matters even more interesting the block is offset to thestarboard side which puts the block right next to the stringer on that side. Has anyone ever ran into this issue before? If so I would like to know what you did to secure the rear (shaft output side) to the stringers. The front (actual rear of the engine) I have figured out. I can put a few pics up if it would help.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:03 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: 25CC Homelite engine help needed!!

most I've seen flatten out the area near the shroud mounting bolt heads and make tabs from there, that was my plan when I get that far but I have an old style squareish housing for mine instead of the newer rounded ones
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM
8MILLSNIPER007

Mine is the newer round style and on one side I can get to the starter housing mounting holes but the other side is right up against the stringers because the output side of the homelite block is offset somewhat...
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM
tapkoote

Here's a site that uses alot of air cooled motors
http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/view...ys=0&start=120
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

the other option would be to use extra long screws to hold the starter housing on (they're 10-24) then use a nut on the back to hold your mount in place, if you capture the two bolts on each side with the brackets you should be fine
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

That is the problem, there is not enough room to get any mounts in. I will post a few pics in the am.
ORIGINAL: rangerfredbob

the other option would be to use extra long screws to hold the starter housing on (they're 10-24) then use a nut on the back to hold your mount in place, if you capture the two bolts on each side with the brackets you should be fine