Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Which 26cc boat for me?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Which 26cc boat for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 26cc boat for me?

Ok so i primarily fly on weekends but starting to do more and more float flying. Well some of the guys have built air boats and started racing. So in the ever present game of one upping I am looking to get a gas boat. I really like the Shockwave 55 but it appears it's not available. Is the Blackjack 55 that much better? Not a big fan of the catamarans though. I like the cigarette deep vees or hydros.

So what do you guys think? Any good suggestions? I am looking for something decent for under $1000.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Which 26cc boat for me?

Im new to boats also but I built this and just ordered an engine for it, It was pretty easy to build and cheap lol. you could have it rtr for $500 easy. http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....roducts_id=260
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Hesco Racing

For under $1000 you can build your own by sourcing the parts from different suppliers. A good start is normally Tony and Warehouse hobbies. http://www.whobbies.com/ and also do a search in the for sale section bound to be someone selling something you might like.

Cobus
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
stevo7896

One option would be to look here on rcu classifieds and also on jrcbd in the for sale section in their forums . You can find much better deals than the blackjacks. Another option is if you like to do a little building ,there are two manufactures that build some nice hulls ,Central RC boats and Expresscraft They have some beautiful hulls in the 350-400 range .They even can do a rtr ,that aren't much more than a blackjack and its actually built by professionals and will handle much better. And almost forgot about Wharehouse Hobbies ,they are a long time supplier of rc boats with a great reputation. And known for a solid hull. You couldn't go wrong with these three options. There are also a few more options out there that are selling race hulls and motors if you look around or get hooked on the hobby.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:37 AM
tapkoote

Tony at warehouse Hobbies has my vote
his help kept me in this hobby.