Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

your thoughts on model engines p1 snap 26cc gass boat???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

your thoughts on model engines p1 snap 26cc gass boat???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:04 PM
hyper701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your thoughts on model engines p1 snap 26cc gass boat???

Hi , I seen one of these gas boats at my LHS today and they offered me a great deal on it. Upon doing some online research I cant find much info on it at all. Has anyone sewn or heard of these boats and what are your thoughts? And other than prop pipe is there any other mods you would reccomend. Thanks check out the link.

http://www.modelengines.com.au/retai...R260_item.html
Old 08-26-2013, 11:59 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well in the pics it shows it with a brushless motor ?,personally id stay well clear I would think the engine will be a glorified weedwhacker engine with water cooling added,typical rtr package,very poor quality and low rpm.You get what you pay for when it comes to boats,your best buying a hull and all the parts yourself and building it up from scratch at least then you will have a better quality boat.You need a proper marine engine such as RCMK or Zenoah or you will be disappointed.
Mart
Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
w3bby

Agree with Martin, stay clear. Not for nothing that most sites offering the boat don't show the internals.... Although if you want to go that route then check out the second hand boats here and here.

Another option is to check out the Ozzie boat forum to see if there are any second hand boats available. Having said that then this could be a better option than the "Snap".
Old 08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
hyper701

Thanks for the reply guys, I was a little worried that it would be one of them dodgy chinese boats running a homelite weed wacker motor. I will look into both used boats, and also a build from a bare hull with a zen and decent hardware. Thanks for the info
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM
pyro1

Fagettabout it.