Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Jrcbd?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Hydro51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hendocap
Yes sir , it's on it way .

Sounds good, thanks!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

vBulletin owns this site as part of Internet Brands so if you remember all of the trouble we had here a year ago that will probably explain a lot.
Hopefully when they're up and at it again there will be no more problems uploading pictures and the double-postings. If not holding my breath for that to happen either as I thought that those would have been cured the last time they went down.
Last year at the Toledo Show I met the woman that was in charge of getting this site straightened out, they brought her to the show to see what we do. She was with RC Ken and a few of the higher-ups here.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
stevo7896

Is jrcbd still down ? Tried last two days with no luck.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:41 AM
MadDogDan

Yep, still down as of a few minutes ago.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:39 AM
mistycreekboats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.modelgasboats.com/forum/1...start=10#22990

Jim replied on MGB that it will be a while

RD
Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Ron Olson

Randy, I haven't seen that yet on either MGB or IW but it sure is looking that way! Alberto is handing the situation as best he can but he's probably got a day job plus going throught some personal issues right now. It was a bad time for it to go down for him. Hopefully the double-posting and picture loading problems will be fixed when they bring it back up online. They found a security hole that he's also trying to fix.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:18 AM
mistycreekboats

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Randy, I haven't seen that yet on either MGB or IW but it sure is looking that way! Alberto is handing the situation as best he can but he's probably got a day job plus going throught some personal issues right now. It was a bad time for it to go down for him. Hopefully the double-posting and picture loading problems will be fixed when they bring it back up online. They found a security hole that he's also trying to fix.

Jim's comments on page 1 post # 22962 http://www.modelgasboats.com/forum/1...art=0&start=10

Later

Randy

Last edited by mistycreekboats; 03-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 AM
darknet

Jrcbd it gone forever
Old 03-21-2014, 11:31 AM
mistycreekboats

Originally Posted by darknet
Jrcbd it gone forever

I heard same guy that worked on Steve Austin is 'rebuilding it better, stronger and faster" ......................

http://youtu.be/HoLs0V8T5AA
Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 PM
hendocap

Originally Posted by mistycreekboats
I heard same guy that worked on Steve Austin is 'rebuilding it better, stronger and faster" ......................

http://youtu.be/HoLs0V8T5AA
That was awesome Randy.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Ron Olson

Progressing. They've now got a "test pattern" on the site.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Progressing. They've now got a "test pattern" on the site.
I wondered what that was. I was afraid to click on anything for fear it would screw up my computer with something.
Some r/c boat related sites have disappeared forever,like Oxford County Crackerboxes that used to be an MSN group then had to go to Multiply.Multiply closed down and OCC was lost.Others like Major Smackdown,Wacker Engines,Boatman Hobbies,Area 51,Shark Racing have gone because it wasn't worth while anymore for various reasons to keep them going.Just lately Warehouse Hobbies and Expresscraft have or are in the works of changing ownership.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Ron Olson

Major Smackdown may have just shut his business down but I'm guessing thaat business was slow as there aren't too many running Homie's any more.
I remember the Oxford County Crackerboxes site.
Shark Racing, I don't know for sure what went down there. The main guy was a VP at a huge chain of banks in South America. Rumors were that he died among others but nothing for sure. We used to chat in the Dock's chatroom when it was active.
I think that Boatman Hobbies bought out RadioActive Hobbies and redid the molds.
Yes, Tony at WWH decided to retire after making boats for around 28 years and sold eveything to Bonzi'.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Tidnab

I've been in contact with John Eells(Major Smackdown) through Flying Giants site and his site got messed up and he thought it wasn't worth redoing it as sales for his parts slowed. He still has some parts and will sell what he has and make some from any stock he has left if anyone needs something.
There's some of what was on the Shark Racing site as archives on Model Power Boats site. His name was Carlos Andrade.
Dave Wireman of Boatman Hobbies did the Radio Active hulls as you've said and then sold them to Dan Warrick who made a few and now another guy has the reworked molds,but never made any.
Area 51,I can't remember who had it ,but he closed up because he had a lot of problems with some of his customers so he called it quits.
Is Bonzi making boats from the Warehouse Hobbies molds ?
Old 03-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Ron Olson

Yeah, Carlos Andrade! It's been a long time ya know! He had two partners, one was an electronics expert who made a really good fail-safe.
I still see once in a while where somebody is looking for motor mounts for Homelite's.
Yes, Bonzi' is making the WHH hulls. What struck me as odd is that he's producing a RTR boat now based on a Aeromarine hull! Go figure,,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-22-2014, 05:54 PM
MrMikeG

Carlos went through a divorce as well. Nothing ever stays the same.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:18 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our boat business has stayed pretty much the same the last few years, But I am a insulin depended diabetic, and am having a lot of kidney issues, Lisa is 52 years old and some of our boat molds are bigger then her.we are still building boats.and there are no issues there, But I do not want to wait till we simply can't do it anymore.So its up for sale.I do not think boats are going away any time soon, they have always been a small segment of the hobby industry only 3% and 70% of that small number is electric,the other 30% is divided into sail boats, nitro, gas, ect. the price alone for gas boating makes it a very small segment. But that is what also allows mom and pop shops like us to be involved in it at all.so its pretty cool, look at the post, most of you guys know the big boat manufactures by name.you cant really say that for a car or aircraft manufacture,there names might be out there but there not the ones answering the phone when you call. there is money to be made in boats. But most of us in boats simply do not have the working capital.Our boats are well known and im only asking 35,000 for the business, I had a 150,000 in our small town local hobby shop. That's the real neat thing about this segment is its all made up of small specialty businesses,We work together, shoot some of the nicest pictures of our hulls that I have where built by the guys at Bonzi, Ross from speed master builds with our hulls,and I build with there hardware and bonzi clutches ect. I send people to Joe at zippkits.com all the time. even with some of the issues being under funded (lol) causes, it sure is a unique community. That i kind of hope never gets to commercialized.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Ron Olson

It's getting there! I just checked and it recognizes me but it's not quite ready to open yet.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Tidnab

After you log into Jims, a box comes up and it says it's getting pretty.How pretty can a VBulletin site get ? All the ones I've been on look about the same.I wish they would at least put the picture of Jim's red boat back on the main page.It added some color.
I have a 52" Equalizer/Eliminator hull and may paint it the same with the same decals as Jim's old boat and as it says on the deck,it will have a full mod,full converted crank chipbreakr Homelite in it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	N3Homie.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1981272   Click image for larger version

Name:	homey 006.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1981274  
Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Ron Olson

I just got off from Facebook. Tim Martin said that he had just got off the phone with Jim and it may be up to another week yet before they're fully back on line.
The bad part is those who were in the middle of doing business on there. Some groups on Facebook are trying to cover that part so if you're a member, Vince started a W, FS or T group and there's a few others just for yakking it up.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Ron Olson

Right now Alberto is looking for the site to be back online this weekend. Every once in a while something will appear on the site but I've seen a lot of 404's on there also as he takes it back down for more work. Alberto did put up a page on Facebook, Jims RC Boat Dock (no apostrophe) giving updates. I managed to make a deal on there tonight with Mike Menter as I ordered a Jersey Skiff from him. He's got a red and white on here in the Marketplace but I'm not a red boat person. Mine's going to be all black.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 PM
Ron Olson

It just came back up online a few minutes ago but it's still a little rough in there at the moment.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Hydro51

It just came back up online a few minutes ago but it's still a little rough in there at the moment.
I would say so, the forums I opened are all dated around September of last year and earlier. Lol, it'll be ok everybody.

I know some people are probably relapsing for a FIX over there.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:46 PM
bonezsz90

is the site still down? I been trying to register to the site but keeps saying image verifications is wrong. but when I click it it brings me to a white screen so I have to refresh the page.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Ron Olson

Let's just say that it's barely alive right now but still coming out of a coma. Right now it's basically a Read-Only file. I tried posting in there twice trying to get in contact with a prop modder with no luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.