Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft vs warehouse hobbies

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Aquacraft vs warehouse hobbies

Old 01-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Powerpooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquacraft vs warehouse hobbies

This is my my first post here big fan of the site I am whating to get a gas boat and stuck in between the rio 51z or super g I like the rio due to the fact comes ready to run with transmitter and got a cowl (that's just me) or the super g I see a lot off people get pointed in the super g direction only thing I'm worried about the rio is the stringers coming out didn't know was that just a certain year or just all around 800 for the super or 750 for the rio so same price what's y'all comments or input on both
matt
Old 01-12-2015, 10:56 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moving this thread to the gas boat forums, you'll get better answers there
Old 01-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I already answered this one on another site so let's see what the guys here have to say.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:09 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not know what Ron posted But I think the overall quality will be better in the WHH boat.Of course you might be able to find a better used boat then both of them for the 800.00, Its really hard to ware out a gas motor in a model boat so if you find a nice clean second hand boat it probably is just that.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:56 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Tom, in a nutshell that was it.
If those 2 were my options I'd for sure go with the WHH boat. The heavier lay-up makes for a hull that can take a beating and keep on ticking. The Rio's in either version have their issues. The Z is better with the Zenoah in it but still there is that funky driveline and the exhaust problems with the first one. the second incarnation has had problems with the engine rails coming loose, not a good thing.
I don't care whose RTR boat it is or what it has for power, they all seem to have their little bugs. Some are easy fixes while others are major. If this was a boat when Tony Castronovo made them, he even made kits easy to assemble for new boaters or they would build them up as far as you wanted them to.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:13 AM
pistol18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good advice above from veterans. I haven't posted much but have had 3- Rio 51 and also whh magnum 57, here's my observations.

Rio 51 Fuji motor once tuned ran well, 2nd boat had stock zen ran nice, current Rio has mod zenoah and the boat runs 50-55 all day no issues.

whh Magnum 57 is HUGE, runs great and is an overall better built boat, runs 30-35 and excels in chop and rougher water. I got it last fall from a WHH veteran who dialed it in and I haven't messed with it, adjustment wise.

When I run both back to back on flat water, the rio screams and the mag 57 is a touch boring but BOTH look great on the water.
If there's a bit of wind and chop the Rio runs good but the Mag 57 really shines.

Final thought, you can prob find a Rio 51 for a decent price $300-400 and learn about gas boats, tuning etc. Or spend more money upfront, prob $550-800 and get the WHH boat. Good luck and there is a ton of great info on both boats here on RCU!