Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

rotate jug on 26cc for twin exhaust setup

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

rotate jug on 26cc for twin exhaust setup

Old 11-28-2015, 11:54 AM
cconeill

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default rotate jug on 26cc for twin exhaust setup

Hi Guys
I have a question. if you rotate the jug on a 26cc to get both exhaust on the same side this is ok rite. sine all the porting is in the jug. using MHz drives so two leftys is what I need. Thanks Craig
Old 11-28-2015, 01:37 PM
dwr9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you rotate the jug on the case the ports in the jug will not line up correctly with the case.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:10 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dwr9
If you rotate the jug on the case the ports in the jug will not line up correctly with the case.
Not sure about that - there is couple of my twins here
https://youtu.be/yH1dh0G5Kkc
Old 11-28-2015, 05:28 PM
cconeill

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Guys talked to Tim at Gizmomotors. you can rotate the jug but you have to rotate the piston to. then it works. thank you Gizmo.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:35 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup it works ran few twins for several years now
Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 AM
danielplace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a little more complicated than that.

First like was mentioned the ports will not line up and one side has to be machined to blend in the other one you kind of let the mismatch stay because the step isn't hindering flow as much as the step in the opposite direction like the one you do fix is.

Second the ignition timing is going to be off because you rotated the cylinder but left it rotating the same direction. That reverses the piston pin offset and changes the relationship of the crank to the piston being at TDC so your ignition timing is going to be off unless you degree the engine and correct the flywheel relationship to the crank or TDC .

Two strokes are designed to be run with the working side of the piston on the cool wet intake side of the cylinder but definitely not the exhaust side of any high performance engine especially. So that is screwed up.

There more but that should be enough reason to know you do not want to do that and pretty much ruin much of the design of the engine.

If your going to do it these are just a few things to know and it can never be the engine it was.