Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Need Some Advice on Resizing Hull Plans

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Need Some Advice on Resizing Hull Plans

Old 12-08-2015, 08:37 AM
KD0EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Advice on Resizing Hull Plans

I have CAD drawings of a 72" Deep V hull that I would like to size down to around 60".

Can I lay out all the parts on one large sheet and change the % of the X and Y access? Or do I need to do each part separately? Thanks for any help with this.
Harold
Old 12-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Easiest way I found was to take the plans whether on paper or on CD and have a place that does scanning and printing on large machines to downsize or enlarge them. It doesn't have to be a printing place. I found a place that does geological mapping for companies and they first scan the plans then reprint them on 36" or 48" wide paper.There's a guy on here that goes by Hemikiller that does reprinting of plans and may be able to downsize yours. I have a set of boat plans that were copied off original older plans and they are of excellent quality.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:31 PM
dwr9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any print shop should be able to resize them and print them, even Staples can do it. Doug
Old 12-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I've found the best source to be a blueprinting shop. They can take almost any size and go up or down with it. I'm working on a gas scale hydroplane right now that was scaled up by 20% with no issues what so ever. The paper the resized plans are printed on is 30" wide which isn't even the maximum they can do.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I've found the best source to be a blueprinting shop. They can take almost any size and go up or down with it. I'm working on a gas scale hydroplane right now that was scaled up by 20% with no issues what so ever. The paper the resized plans are printed on is 30" wide which isn't even the maximum they can do.
That's what I do. The place does geogological maps in a blueprint form and also in a more detailed colored form. I took plans of small r/c boats and had them scanned and enlarged and even took in a 1/10 scale thunderboat plan that I downloaded onto a cd and had it made into a 52" hull.I had to do some changing here and there as the 1/10 scale was electric powered and the 52" would be gas engine powered.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidnab
That's what I do. The place does geogological maps in a blueprint form and also in a more detailed colored form. I took plans of small r/c boats and had them scanned and enlarged and even took in a 1/10 scale thunderboat plan that I downloaded onto a cd and had it made into a 52" hull.I had to do some changing here and there as the 1/10 scale was electric powered and the 52" would be gas engine powered.
I've had to do some redesign work on my gas scale as well. The size of the boat requires more framing than the original size does so I've had to redo some of them for new locations. With a little planning and common sense, it's not that difficult to do the simple alterations required