Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas scarab 55" build

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dumas scarab 55" build

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 07:07 PM
WestCoastD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper607
I think you have 3 options. First searching the web, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Next is maybe someone will post something but these forums haven't had much activity lately as they have in the past. Last is to search the forums for a someone who posted a build. I did find one thread that showed a scarab build from NIB. Another possibility is call Dumas and ask if they can send you them since they are still around. If you need any pictures I still have mine. It may come back on a budget electric setup with a monster brushless motor (110 nitro size) I got at a swap meet.
Hello:

Thanks for your response.

Yeah, what I found is, apparently Dumas has never produced a version of the Scarab model with the hull and deck un-joined. All Scarab models shipped with hull & deck factory pre-joined.

As it turns out, what I have is a Dumas, Deep Vee-60 CF, ("Competition Fiberglass"), Model No. 1420. It is also 45" long. These were pretty cool deep vee kits, despite being produced with factory un-joined hull & deck. I can remember being a teenager back-in-the-day when these Dumas kits were first produced, they were based on the latest Deep Vee designs at the time.

The problem with Dumas fiberglass kits produced with un-joined deck & hull is that they were proned to becoming noticeably warped, depending on how they were stored. Polyester resin is not the most resilient to heat and/or certain chemicals (I've found).

Last edited by WestCoastD; 12-15-2022 at 07:46 PM.