Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Venom 26cc 4.5KWA engine replacement

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Venom 26cc 4.5KWA engine replacement

Old 10-27-2021, 08:57 AM
mscottbruin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom 26cc 4.5KWA engine replacement

New to the forum and gas boats. I just bought a used 56" gas King of Shaves for my son for his bday. Got the engine to start and ran great, went to pull start it a second time and the pull start broke. I have called several stores and Venom, can't seem to find any parts available. Does anyone know of a pull start that will work with this engine?
If not, are there any suggestions on a replacement engine (not looking for anything race ready, just something my 13 year old son will enjoy (reliable yet fairly quick))?
Thank you for the help. He was bummed it broke before we got it on the water and I would really like to get it sorted out quickly for him.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:30 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 93 Likes on 90 Posts

If the engine is a rebranded Zenoah, and I think it is, parts are fairly easy to get.

You might consider sending the engine into a repair shop that repairs and modifies engines so that they can go through it and repair any problems left over from the original owner. Just a thought on that one.
If you can't get parts, you may have to buy a new engine. There are several shops that sell engines of the correct size though some are modified for more power and/or RPM.
With all of that said, I have only dealt with BH Hanson and have had good luck with them, customer service wise. Their website is:
http://bhhanson.com/

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-27-2021 at 02:52 PM.