Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Pro Boat Shockwave

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Pro Boat Shockwave

Old 11-22-2003, 09:39 PM
yamraptor2cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Boat Shockwave

Right know I have a prather stainless steel prop on my boat. Is there any other props that will give me even more performance?

<<Thanks>>
Old 11-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Dan 2000

Default RE: Pro Boat Shockwave

How fast are willing to drive? Go to www.marine specialties an download Boat versus boat propellar pitch guide.For a given propellar you can by RPM's get a rough estimate on how fast your boat can travel.take Care, Dan 2000
Old 11-27-2003, 10:40 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

For any kind of help with a prop suggestion , we would need to know :

What motor ?
What has been done to the motor , if anything ( mofications )
Are you running a tuned pipe or cannister muffler or a gutted one ?
What prop are you using now ? ( what number is on it )
How much does the boat weigh ( aprox )
Did you change anything , or is it the way it came RTR ?
Has the prop been balanced and sharpened yet ?
Have you put any back-cut on the prop ? ( allows the engine to load up faster without losing top end )
Did you change the pitch by cupping the prop ?
Was there any changes made to the current prop at all ?
( also - if you have no idea as to what I am referring to about modifing a prop , it always best to leave it to a prop bender . These DO get EXTREMELY sharp and can make hamburger out of your fingers , plus the berrillium is BAD for you - most props are copper which are easier to work with verses the S.S. ones which are a b*tch to do . Plus the copper ones are cheaper and have a wider variety to choose from )

Here are a few basics to go by :

If a stock Homie engine - try a Prather 275 or 280 with the diameter cut and a back-cut on it, also a Octura 470/3
If a Zenoah - try a Prather 270 , or 275 or a Octura 472 , or a 7016/3

The list is honestly kind of BIG .... but the ones above are kind of basic choices . This list is by no means complete , since each boat is always slightly different from the next and the best way to find out , is by trial and error method .
If you live near a lake where they have a local club , it would be a good idea to go to your local hobby shop , see if there is any clubs close by and grab a hold of your boat , jump in your car and give them a visit when they are running ( usually on the weekends ) . Most of the guys are super and will help you out and will throw on a prop or two of their own to get you knowing which prop would work best . They will also let you know who voo-doo'ed the prop so you can get the same cutting on one ( voo-doo'ed - what prop benders do to the props to get the best results out of them . )
Old 11-28-2003, 07:48 PM
yamraptor2cool

My motor is a Zenoah G23. My boat is 61 in. alltogether. I am going to get a Quick Draw pipe. I think it weighs 17-18 pounds. The prop is still the same when it came from the factory. I sharpend it a little. The prop right now is a Prather 275(I think). What prop do you think will be best?

<<THANKS>>
Old 07-29-2005, 12:10 AM
nick88
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Prop wise, a Prop Works 6717 would work great. That boat is not meant to go much faster that it runs stock. I put a Quickdraw 25 in mine, and that motor was too much power, and way to fast. If you get that boat over 40 to around 45, it becomes extremely unstable. You might be able to make it more stable, but I don't know how. I ended up buying a new Aeromarine Avenger. The boat is great, just not meant to go to fast.[&o][&o]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37709.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	302890