Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 Boat for newby >

Boat for newby

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Boat for newby

Old 02-14-2004, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat for newby

Hi im new here and am looking in to a way of getting in to this part of RCing, ive done cars and had enuf of nitro and electric so petrol (or as its called in USA "gas") boating is my only other option. i been looking around and the best boat i can see for my budget and type of performance i want is the enforcer super G. ive seen the review of it on this website and im awe struck.
heres some questions i have about it.
can it handle waves? (maximum of 2 foot)
I know it comes with an inline rudder but with an offset rudder does it steer better one way thn the other?
do they require any after run maintanance?
do they require much maintanance atall?
do they need any tuning?
is the hull on the enforcer tough? if u crashed it at about 10 mph will it crack?
thats all i cna think of at the moment. lots of love on valentines day adam
Old 02-14-2004, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Boat for newby

Hello Adam, I think the WHH Enforcer Super G is a great boat for people new into Gas RC Boats also. I don't think the Super G will be able to handle 2 foot waves. It will be able to handle about a seven inch chop though (If I'm wrong guys, please correct me). Okay, the bigger the waves are, the slower your boat will go. That is if you don't want to flip it over. An in-line rudder will be fine for that boat. In-line rudders work better than offset rudders. You will be able to turn left and right very well. RC Boats really don't need any after run maintenance. You will only need to get the water out of the radio box if there is any in there. But if you run in salt water and have a watercooled exhuast pipe, you will have to run fresh water throught it after the run. Before you run the boat you will need to do a couple of things. Grease the flex shaft, test your radio, and put gas in the boat. If you are buying the Super G right from WHH, you shouldn't have to tune anything. WHH hulls are pretty tough, but any boat will have a slight crack if it hits something going 10 mph. I crashed one of my hulls into a rock going about 7 mph and the tip of the bow chiped, but it was no big deal.

I think you are making a good choice by starting gas. You will have a lot of fun! If there is anything else I can help you with just ask! [8D]

AARON
Old 02-15-2004, 04:10 AM

thanx arron. i cnat think of any other questions at the moment but ill be bak
p.s if anyones selling one soon please tell me,
Old 02-15-2004, 04:42 AM

aaronie is right, rc boats dont need any after run matenance... that is unless you want your boat to last about 3 months..

The after run mantienace is the biggest part of boating, and one of the principle reasons people cant get there boats running right.. flush your lines with freshwater or wd-40 or a contact cleaner, and thats the cooling head, and all lines, its pretty simple, just stick the straw from the can into the water outlet and spray for about 30 seconds, itll clean it out nice and keep it lubricated.. another part is making sure everything is intact, ie. all nuts and bolts, motor mounts, servo mounts, battery tray's, radio boxes, prop nut, rudder bracket, etc etc etc... grease the flex, wipe everything down, and your golden for the next time out..

if you want somthing for 2 ft waves, then you should just save your money cuz your gonna need a "BIG" boat.. somthing around the 65+ inches range..

Hope this helps ya out a little bit

Jesse
Old 02-16-2004, 05:22 AM

thanx. where id be runnign it has no waves unless the weathers windy (about 2 miles by a mile big lake which is fresh water + i can get access to power boats if the needs arises) so itll b mainly flat water. what happens when they start jumping big waves (i.e nose dive?) has any body got a video of a boat on rough water, maybe if i saw one on the water id understand y its not a good idea
thanx guys adam
Old 02-16-2004, 05:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, OOOOPS!! [&o]