Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Weedie motor mods

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Weedie motor mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:19 PM
skoda450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weedie motor mods

What mods can be done to the weedie motors to increase their performance? Including internal mods, carb and exhaust changes that are in the do it yourself catagory. Anyone can "write a check" but where's the fun in that?
Old 04-27-2004, 02:20 PM
pompebled

Default RE: Weedie motor mods

Take a look at www.shark-racing.com for info on weedwacker mods.

Greetings, Jan.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:43 PM
skoda450

Wow, I checked out your link and hit a bonanza of information. It's exactly what I was looking for. For anyone else looking to gather info on mild to wild mods on Homelites and Zenoahs, this link is the place to start. It also gave me the conformation that I need a small metal lathe to satisfy my need to tinker. Another $600 down the hole.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:18 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Just wanted to add , that these mods can be applied to other brands of motors as well , not just Zen's and Homies ...
No matter which engine you have , you can still open the manifolds ( both intake and exhaust ) and widen the transfers and also over-size your carb .
Not to mention , window your piston , stuff your case , change the base gasket to a thinner one ( or make a thinner one ) , and lighten your flywheel .
ANY of the above mentioned can be done to ANY of the weedie style motors, not just the Zens and Homies .
And with the above mods , all you would need is your handy-dandy Dremel and some good bits .
And with certain models , you could also change the coil , since there are some rev limiting ones out there .

Just my $0.02 thrown in , in case someone read the above and thought that the only engines you could mod were the Homies and Zens .