Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

"HEY THERE", "STRYKER" OWNERS"!!!

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

"HEY THERE", "STRYKER" OWNERS"!!!

Old 05-01-2004, 11:13 AM
BMAD01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "HEY THERE", "STRYKER" OWNERS"!!!

I'm putting together a new F-41 stryker, and wanna know what size GAS TANK'S yer using. I was at Rocket City Racing, and saw MANY Dubro tanks. But none of em seemed quite right. I want to hold as much fuel, within reason, so that I won't have to be overly concerned about running otta gas. But I have NO CONCEPT on how much fuel a full/mod G60 is gonna use. I HAVE'NT bolted the engine in yet, cause I'm still waiting on parts. But I figure just offhand that I'll have appx. 5" x 5" x 3"high, in front of the engine betwixt the rails. I also wanna know how yer doin the REFUELING thing. I saw some "FANCY WAZOO" refueling "RIG'S" at RCR also, but wanna see what everyone else is usin. Thanks, Brian
Old 05-01-2004, 07:53 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: "HEY THERE", "STRYKER" OWNERS"!!!

a 12oz tank will last about 20 minutes. now that dont seem long but believe me it quite a spell
Old 05-01-2004, 08:14 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

A 12 ouncer like Larry said , or , I , personally always use 16's for gassers .... but thats just a personal preference too .[8D]
The size will all depend on what you want to do . Playboat , then between 12 and 16 , but for racing ... probably one of those 500 ml IV bags . ( or the same for playbaoting or maybe even a 1000 ml , but , I thought they were too big AND I also did not like using the bags verses a fuel cell )

Oh ... one more thing . Make sure that you get one for GAS and NOT nitro . The nitro ones will disintegrate within a 24 hour period if used with gas ... [&o]
Old 05-01-2004, 08:33 PM
BMAD01

Ok boy's, here's the deal. The DuBro 10oz. is 2 1/4 H x 2 9/16 W x 4 7/8 long. The DuBro 16oz. = 2 3/8 H x 2 11/16 W x 5 7/8 long. An that's right from RCR! Will the 16oz. fit? And you have'nt given me any feedback about the refueling thing yet. Brian
Old 05-01-2004, 08:41 PM
TERBObob

First ... there are other brands besides DUBRO for fuel tanks ( like Sullivan - just to name one )
Next ... I use an inline nipple ( cut the fuel line going to the carb from the fuel cell and insert nipple there - anywhere you can easily access it ) and pull off the line to the carb and use a SIX SHOOTER to re-fuel via the carb line disconnected and pumped in that way .
I heard those "fancy" refueling thingy ma jue - jue - whoppers , aren't all that good . Once they get dirt in them , the leak badly ...[&o] ... so ... I avoid them , myself .
Old 05-01-2004, 09:16 PM
BMAD01

Ok T/b, I know there are other tanks out there. DuBro, Sullivan, Hayes, are three, an there's probably a "BOATLOAD"[:@]more of em. Ya gotta realise that right now, I have to rely on the internet, and the help from you guy's to find the parts that I need to complete this project. The only reason I have talked about DuBro so much is, that's the only tank that I've found so far. I need website address's, so that I can find who's sellin these goshfound things! Brian
Old 05-01-2004, 09:25 PM
BajaBob-delete

You can get tanks from Tower Hobbies,Aeromarine.If you don't know how or where to find these guys....
Old 05-01-2004, 09:41 PM
TERBObob

Rocket City Racing :

http://www.rocketcityracing.com/tek9...roducts&grp=69

Aeromarine Laminates :

http://aeromarinerc.com/

Dr John : ( I'm pretty sure )

http://www.rc-speedworld.com/

Tower Hobbies:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go

Horizon Hobbies :

http://www.horizonhobby.com/

Warehouse Hobbies:

http://www.whobbies.com/index1.html

Hope these few helps you out somewhat ...[8D]
Old 05-01-2004, 10:59 PM
BMAD01

NOW THATS A REPLY!! Thanks T/b, the only one I did'nt have was rc-speedworld. Everybodys mostly sellin DuBro, but I did see Sullivan w/no pics or measurements @ aeromarine. I'll just have ta bite the bullet, an make a decisiion. probably will be "RCR", cause their real easy ta work with. So ya think I can squeeze that 16oz. in ok, being 5 7/8" long? Brian