Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

my new boat

Old 06-19-2004, 11:14 AM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new boat

I am impressed by the g23rc this thing is faster than my fountain w/pro mod g23 does anybody reconize the hull
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57757.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	144968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24017.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	144969  
Old 06-19-2004, 01:00 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: my new boat

This hydro is the same hull....
History...was made by some guys in Texas they went under then some guy in florida had it for a while now recently the molds were sold on eBay. to whom i dont know.

the hull was designed to hold the G2D style engine cuz it has a bolt area cast in hull for the bottom mount holes on the G2d. it has some interseting chine and step work on the sponsons. ample freeboard for rougher water and its big enuff to stick my 31 or 35 cc honda 4 stroke engine in there.
i am right now fitting a full mod Sikk/Superior 29cc stroker engine in it.
My hull was layed up with glass mat polyester risin and its a tad heavy ...but a good sport hull for lots of hydro fun

Old 06-20-2004, 01:10 PM
diirtbag

it looks similar but I dont think its the same I will have to take some pics of it out of the water ,is youres a 44" ,I would love to make it as fast as possible ,I believe top speed is somewhere around 55-60mph w/g23 ,I was going to swap engines with my fountain but I cant bring myself to drill another set of holes for the fountain,so I will wait till I can afford a new engine I guess that g23 could be ported and polished as well, how does the modded sikk compare to the modded g26,.......I was told my hull wieghs 4.7 pounds,.........ohhh I have a new found love, this is my first hydro
Old 07-05-2004, 01:08 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

ZAD,

I know this post is a couple weeks old but I just came across your pics. I must say, that is one SAA-WEEEET lookin' rig! Looks like she's haulin' even when she's just sittin' there. VERY nice!

Shayne'o
Old 07-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Nate-RCU

Hey ZAD,

Does this look familiar.........................

I'm sure that this one is the same as yours. 44" long with odd stepped sponsons. I was looking for someone to show me a boat similiar to my hydro for setup and advice and voila...............here it is. I have no boat experience but acquired 4 huills this being one. With this I have a g23 stock and a tuned pipe and header. I have never set this thing up and would like to see yours closer.

Regards,

Nate
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45983.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	153614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74680.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	153615  
Old 07-15-2004, 04:22 PM
jhay
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Nate, Want to sell that hull?
Old 07-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Nate-RCU

Jhay,

Sure it is for sale ...................make me an offer.It has never seen water and it needs everything except for the Zenoah g23 with tuned pipe and header which I will include. I believe I also have some octura running gear,single rudder and 2 water pickups, turn fin (brass), antenna tube and mount, etc. The color on it is just a cover coat so it will have to be painted and you may want to beef up the wooden running rails to suit your equipment. It has no holes cracks or dings and would probably fly if put into the right hands.

I have 2 others if you are interested with some running gear. I'm on dial up...................yes there are still some of us out there.........so it takes a bit to upload pictures.

Let me know

Regards,

Nate
Old 07-16-2004, 09:22 AM
jhay

Do You have 3 of the same hull? if not what are the styles?

I am really just looking for the Hull. Would you be willing to part it out. I have not had good luck in the past with used engines off of the internet...
Old 07-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Nate-RCU

No the hulls are different. I'll try to post some pictures from home later tonight.

I know what you mean Jhay. When I got these boats the one 44.5" mono had a K&B 7.5 that I was told worked perfectly and only a few months old.As you probably guessed it wasn"t as described and with a corroded drive bearing, cracked con rod and other misinformities, I was to say the least disappointed. I should have looked closer and first sought the advice of a local expert but I didn't and so I remain.............a bit embarassed and somewhat more educated for the process.

As for the hull seperately, I would rather not for the simple reason that I would be left with an engine and running gear that would be hard to sell seperately especially with no active clubs here any longer.

Let me know if you are still interested and I do understand your reluctance to purchase used engines. I would not be willing to sell anything here unless it is as exactly as described...........absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:03 PM
jhay

I sent you a PM with my phone number... give me a call or email me.. I am sure we can figure something out...
Old 07-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Nate-RCU

ditto on the pm
Old 07-17-2004, 04:44 PM
diirtbag

thats my hull what do you know about it ,I notice you are in canada I got mine from nova scotia I will take some pics of how its set up as well
Old 07-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Nate-RCU

Hey Zad,

From what I know......These hulls came from the Halifax area and there were only 3 or possibly 4 cast from the mold.That was a few years ago now and since then I'm not sure.Yours is the only other I've seen and it is nice to know that it is working well. I would like to see your setup for my sake and Jhay's since he has inquired on possibly buying this one. Show some photos. Where and how did you come across yours?? Interesting to see how rc equipment makes it's way around.

Regards,

Nate