Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ShockWave G23 doesn't start

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ShockWave G23 doesn't start

Old 07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
andzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ShockWave G23 doesn't start

I just bought a shockwave with the zenoah motor. The only way I can start the motor is to take the plug out and spray some quick start into the motor replace the plug and give it a pull. That's the only way!!! It has a fuel bulb on the carb. I prime and prime but nothing. The only way to start the motor is from the above procedure. Also when I put the boat in the water it dies unless I have the idle set real high. If I set the idle real high the motor has no clutch and when I bring it to shore it's going to fast for me to stop the boat. Please help.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:48 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: ShockWave G23 doesn't start

start procedure
pump fuel into bulb
hold thumb over carb to choke pull till engines kicks
hold throttle wide open and pull till it kicks again
reduce throttle setting to about 1/2 and pull like hell
engine should start

set high needle at 1 1/4 turns out from seated position ( high needle is the farthest from engine)
set low needle (closest to engine) at two turns out from seated position
set idle with the radio and not the idle screw you should be able to kill engine with radio
Old 07-22-2004, 07:49 PM
magyarbacsi

In my experience, model or full scale, i.e.real motors, a motor that wont idle down without stalling and has to rev high to keep it running indicate a vacuum leak. Hence too much air and then you have to richen the carb to compensate the extra air. The fact that you have to add fuel from the plug hole indicates a lack of vacuum via the normal route and are sucking air past the carb. Just a thought.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Aaronie

You say that the boat is going to fast for you to catch it when you bring it in. Simple solution, make the engine able to be shut off via the Transmitter. Just take the idle screw out of the carburetor and set the trim on your radio so the radio keeps the engine at idle. Then, when you want to bring your boat in, hit the throttle up/reverse and the engine will stall out.