Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Ocean Spray

Old 04-23-2005, 04:17 PM
sergio turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocean Spray

Hi

Finally after some shipping issues and one month of desperation, I receive my MHZ Ocean Spray hull, now it's time to start with the project, I'm going to put a Zenoah G260 with Bonzi Clutch and Bonzi pipe, MHZ Z-drive, etc. I'll keep you update as soon as I receive the parts.

Here's some pictures of my new baby.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73738.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	261962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73601.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	261963  
Old 04-24-2005, 06:31 AM
AIRPLANE FREAK
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Ocean Spray

That is one sweet looking boat, let me know how you set up your clutch on the Zen26, i have a zen26 on my boat, but no clutch i would be interested in looking into a clutch!....sweet ride you have indeed, keep us posted on the progress!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:44 PM
4 Play Racing
My Feedback: (4)

Unless you want only scale speed, you will need more than a stock Zenoah G260 to push that z-drive. I just finished building a 55" Manta Ray running a z-drive and powered by a Quickdraw 35! Check out the photos of my boat.

[link=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gary_wormald/album?.dir=d759&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos]Manta Ray with a z-drive[/link]

The z-drive takes a lot of power to turn it at any real speed. Also, don't buy the Bonzi quiet pipe. You will not get the performance you need. Get a Hanson, M&D, CC Racing or some other good pipe. You won't regret it.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
sergio turbo

ORIGINAL: 4 Play Racing

Unless you want only scale speed, you will need more than a stock Zenoah G260 to push that z-drive. I just finished building a 55" Manta Ray running a z-drive and powered by a Quickdraw 35! Check out the photos of my boat.

[link=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gary_wormald/album?.dir=d759&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos]Manta Ray with a z-drive[/link]

The z-drive takes a lot of power to turn it at any real speed. Also, don't buy the Bonzi quiet pipe. You will not get the performance you need. Get a Hanson, M&D, CC Racing or some other good pipe. You won't regret it.
How much speed you think it will give with the stock Zenoah?, A reply from MHZ told me that stock Zenoah with Z drive is a good setup, I'm not planning to break speed records but I'm not fought with speed.
Beautiful boat you have, I saw the Hanson pipe looks nice, but what's wrong with the Bonzi? they claim good numbers.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:04 PM
4 Play Racing
My Feedback: (4)

Your Ocean Spray is a 48" hull, so normally a G260 would push that to some really good speeds. The Z-drive, even though it has a 16 percent gear-up from the motor, will take away some of your power to the prop. You will get good scale speeds, if that is what you are looking for, possibly in the mid 30's to mid 40's range. My 55" hull is heavier, as is the QD35, but the combination of the two make for a really fun boat. You cannot fit a QD35 in your hull, but you may want to consider a modified G260 Zenoah from Hanson or one of the other engine builders. Also, Larry at FastRat makes an awesome Sikk modified motor that would work great in this hull. You can pick one up for about $300 versus your $250 or so for the Zenoah. My 50" cracker box with a modified Sikk 27cc from FastRat runs mid 50's and is a ball to drive. Larry rates the motor at 5 hp versus 2.9 hp for a stock Zenoah. Do yourself a favor and do some homework before you buy, otherwise you will be changing it later anyway.

I am running Quickdraw pipes in my Quickdraws, not Hansons. A Hanson pipe works really well in my Sikk 27. The Bonzi quiet pipe is not the most efficient pipe out there and getting the length right is difficult due to the configuration of the pipe. For the money, contact Larry at FastRat Porting (he is also on a lot of these sites) and get a modified Sikk 27. You will be very happy with it.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:05 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

Hey 4 Play!!!!

Sounds like you have a great set-up there! I'm in the middle of a scratch rebuild of a 48" deep-vee. Would a mod'ed Sikk 27 from Fast Rat be good for this size boat?

Thanks,
Shayne
Old 05-07-2005, 06:18 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

the stock sikk 27cc will push most big deep vee hulls (50"/55") in the 50 mph range which is more than fun for a sport hull. one you get to modding them they really turn on the music. my crackerbox Sikk is an absolute monster but my kids seem to have misplaced my gps so all i can go by is the wow factor as far as speed goes and this is on a can muffler and a Rat_Flask
Old 05-07-2005, 07:49 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

Hey FastRatBro,

How much are you charging for the mod'ed Sikk 27's? Also, what would be a good wet tuned exhaust to get for her?

Thanks,
Shayne
Old 10-20-2005, 12:07 PM
sergio turbo

Ok guys now I need help, I have the Hull, the Zenoah G260 with Bonzi mounts, Clutch and Hanson Pipe, and the Z drive, Im a first Builder so here comes the problem, what's next? what kind of hardware do I need? can someone help me?

In the Z drive instructions it says that I need a Flex cable with square end but what kind of Flex cable?, the Zenoah have round collet.
The hull dont have rails Im going to build it from wood what's the best CG for this set up?
I know Im going to need a water pump, one is fine? I think I need to route tree water lines (head, pipe and flange).

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:42 PM
BMoneySL

Looks awsome man! It will really hall buggy with that engine.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
wayneuk

u can also purchase square end collets for the zen although iam not to sure on the web addrss try ware house hobbys or www.hobby-sports.com
Old 05-30-2012, 09:38 AM
sergio turbo

Hi,

Well after 7 years of waiting I finally finish her, It was a long wait because I focused on other things, now that I have more friends with boats I was able to finish this project, the final setup is this:
MHZ Ocean Spray Hull
MHZ Z-Drive
MHZ Trim Tabs
Bonzi Sports Zenoah G260PUM
Bonzi Sports Tuned Pipe
Bonzi Sports Clutch
Bonzi Sports Prop
Bonzi Sports Fuel Tank
Custom Radio Box
Spektrum Radio
Hitec Servos

Here's pictures of the build and finished

2 videos of the day of debut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msBknxX_G58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFVFM...feature=relmfu

The Boat runs great and fast (much faster than my shockwave 36) in straight line, but on turns it's a little unstable, I think she needs turn fins, I'm going to try ones.

Sergio

Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: sergio turbo

Hi,

Well after 7 years of waiting I finally finish her, It was a long wait because I focused on other things, now that I have more friends with boats I was able to finish this project, the final setup is this:
MHZ Ocean Spray Hull
MHZ Z-Drive
MHZ Trim Tabs
Bonzi Sports Zenoah G260PUM
Bonzi Sports Tuned Pipe
Bonzi Sports Clutch
Bonzi Sports Prop
Bonzi Sports Fuel Tank
Custom Radio Box
Spektrum Radio
Hitec Servos

7 years of waiting [X(] well it looks great .. now for the next the 7 years run the hell out of her
Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
wetsleeves

7 years, thats a fare wait, boat come out nice.....have fun running her.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:24 PM
sergio turbo

Thanks guys, yesterday I went to the lake again, the boat runs better the more I use it, I have still getting problems on turns, I'm waiting the turn fins to try it and see if she can turn better, the only problem I had yesterday is that it broke the flex shaft I dont know what happen yet, In the week I'm going to check it, here's a vid of the second day with better view.

http://youtu.be/0N-BDf7_abs