Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

23-26cc Prop Size?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

23-26cc Prop Size?

Old 10-09-2005, 06:14 PM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 23-26cc Prop Size?

Does anyone have a suggestion on the prop size for a 23-26 cc gas engine? Also I noticed Octura has a 3 bladed prop. Anyone have ideas on these? Looking for more speed. I have a 1/8 Miss Bud that has an adjustableprop mount, so I can go with a submerged prop or surface drive.

Thanks
Voodoo
Old 10-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 23-26cc Prop Size?

There are lots of choices for your hydro. Most guys will say to make sure you get a prop that has some lift, hydro's need some lift. Here is the ironic part, I run Voodoo props on my hydro....yes the same name as yours. I am currently running a Voodoo 6717/3 with good results and have a 6719/3 that I haven't had a chance to try yet. Some lift on the prop will help keep the rear of the hull up in the water and keep the front planted down.

Here is a link to Voodoo Props, just tell him what you are running and he will suggest a prop that will work.