Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

boatmotor mods

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

boatmotor mods

Old 10-10-2005, 10:53 PM
yznaction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boatmotor mods

i recently built my own boat with wood and resign, and it looks great. the only problem is the motor i got for free. it is a ryobi 28cc with frontal intake and ehaust. it overheats within thirty seconds of being run. it slows down and losses tons of power. i want to make it water cooled and plan to modify but im looking for some resoures or advise.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:52 AM
spitoon

Default RE: boatmotor mods

cheek out jim r/c boat dock page there is a lot of links you can water cool the head easyly and for cheep if the engine is a sreight plug head e day has some good conversions dut you can make you own water head for 8.00 i use a 2' HOLE SAW TO CUT THE FINS OFF THE HEAD 3 FINS OR YOU CAN BRAKE THEM OFF WITH A SET OF PLIRES A 2 1/2 FIRE SPRINKLER ENCUSHION CAP 2 8/32 PRESSER FITTINGS 180 DEG APART ONE HI AND ONE LOW 1 1/6 RUBBER SHEETS TO SET UNDER THE CAP TOP AND BOTTOM OR ULTRA BLACK SILICON DRILL AND TAP 2 OR 3 6/32 SCREWS IN THE HEAD T O KEEP COOLING HEAD ON DONT DRILL TO DEEP OR YOU WILL BE IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER NOT GOOD IT TAKES 30 MINUTES
Old 10-12-2005, 08:47 PM
yznaction

Default RE: boatmotor mods

cool, thanxs for the info, itll help