Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Gas turbine??

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gas turbine??

Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
nick88
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas turbine??

Has anybody put a turbine engine into a rc boat. I know they make a such thing (mhz has one.) Also, does anybody know a price, mhz says 99,999.99 dollars, when that cannot be right. You could get a 50 nice jet engines for that price. Any videos would be nice also. Thanks!!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Gas turbine??

MHZ still have not gotten around to adding price for their unit. Rated at about 7hp from the output shaft (at at a gear reduced 34000rpm) the numbers are impressive. I have seen a few clips of both a vee and a hydro using the shaft driven turbine (Turbine runs an output shaft to an emersed prop). I have also seen a clip of a canard running a jet thrust power. The canard was the most impressive performer.

The MHZ turbine is reportedly in the $5-6000us range. The sound is cool but the performance was lackluster in the clips I watched. I do not have the links with me - sorry !!

There is a guy in Florida who has a Miss bud getting a turbine implant - hopefully we will see some clips of this in the future !!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I saw the video clips too. I don't know if they really had it wound up or not in it but it wasn't that impressive. I heard that the price tag was supposed to be in the $3,500.00 range. It doesn't matter, it's just a little out of my price range. OK, more like a lot.
The video might be on the www.mhzusa.com site, you may have to look around in there to find it.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope you have deep pockets cuz one drink of water in a spinning turbine speels "DOOM" or LOL "BOOM"