Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

"EZ Mount" for Zenoah 260PUM

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

"EZ Mount" for Zenoah 260PUM

Old 10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "EZ Mount" for Zenoah 260PUM

Where can I purchase an "EZ Mount" for a Zenoah 260PUM. I've searched the web and the various RC Boat forums. Can't find a thing. I had a suggestion that RCspeedworld sold them but that web site is no longer.

FORGET IT GUYS> I FOUND IT! I TRIED SPEEDWORLD WITHOUT THE RC AND BINGO!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:09 PM
BMAD01

Default RE: "EZ Mount" for Zenoah 260PUM

Heres a few. There is more. Brian

http://www.rocketcityracing.com/pilot.asp
http://www.bonzisports.com/mounts.html
http://hometown.aol.com/CCRacingEngines/page5.html
Old 10-19-2005, 09:19 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

what's speedworld's website?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Ron Olson

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

John, before you buy anything from Speedworld, you might want to talk to some of the guys in here. It seems like there were some problems with Dr. John and his service. Maybe somebody could verify this for me as to what was going on.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Square Nozzle

Thanks for the info guys. Now I have so much info I'm in overload. I guess that's what Engineers do, Ask questions, get lots of data and then make a decision or spin in circles. I'm spinning.

Frogman, it turns out the web site for Speedworld is www.rcspeedworld.com. I don't know why it didn't click for me the first time I tried it.

Ron, thanks for the caution. That's the first I've heard of a problem but I will proceed with caution.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Ron Olson

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I did a search over at Jim's and I came up with this one:
http://p086.ezboard.com/fjimsrcboatd...topic&index=13
There were some others when I searched for "Speedworld" in there. I'm not saying anything good or bad about him but maybe others can give you some input.
I've heard nothing but good about CC Racing and Brian at Rocket City seems to be a nice guy, I used to talk with him in a chat room. Dr. John at Speedworld may be OK but sometimes people over-react.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:17 AM
mrlentle

I bought Doc Johns EZ mounts (I'm in New Zealand) and received them in about 2 weeks and they're great - no complaints, maybe he just upset someone who likes to make a lot of noise?
Old 12-26-2005, 01:21 AM
lzvagias

i read those rants alot to prevent dealings with bad venders, but you do have to take alot of it with a grain o salt. there are some people that i will not deal with not only because of a couple of complaints but in the way they show their [email protected]# when they respond. as hank hill would say, most people would try to stop an outbreak (of bad feed back) while some guys drive the monkey to the airport!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:18 PM
mrlentle

Well said!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Square Nozzle

I got my EZ Mount from Speedworld. It took a couple of months to finally get the mount but in Dr John's defense, I have to say that there were extenuating circumstances and through it all, John was always in contact with me. First was the Hurricane that came right through Tamarac Florida and put John out of business for a few weeks. When he got up and running, John sent me an E Mail requesting that I resend the information he needed to ship the mount to me. Then came the next major blow to John. He called me on his way to the post office to tell me my mount was going to be mailed that day. There was some discussion about whether I wanted my name engraved on the mount. I told John I hadn't requested it be added but if it was on the mount already, it was not a problem. He insisted that he would return home and get me one without the name. I believe this is where John collapsed with a minor heart attack. Thank God he was home instead of continuing to the post office. Several days later I got another call from one of John's employees with an apology for not getting my mount to me. John, in the hospital, had directed him to call me and make sure my mount got in the mail that day. Now that is concern for the customer. You get hit with two baseball bats and still worry about getting the customer orders out.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:45 PM
xxxboatworks

Sounds like "dr" John found some new people to tell his old stories to..... I hate to bash, but these stories are starting to get really ridiculous.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:26 AM
LVEURBOATS

It’s funny once he posted that he was in some major accident and his van was destroyed, I saw him that same day and nothing was wrong with him or his van............................. Another time he told me he had to go out of town because his brother was at deaths door when I called his wife showing concern about it she started to laugh.............. he is a compulsive liar do yourself a favor and stay away from this one its not worth the headache and if you really want the mounts go to the guy who really makes them Bill Garret @ True Position 954 722-9205
Old 12-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Square Nozzle

OK lets end this whole thing. I think this falls into the category of defaming someone which the forum rules asks us to avoid. I got the mount from John. I'm happy and until I walk in his shoes, I will not pass judgement. End of story.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:10 PM
FAA

As a member of both Jims Boat Forum and RC universe, I know John has had a "strange" past.

HOWEVER, I have ordered three times from him in 2005 and all three times my order arrived within a week !

This was pre-hurricane, so lets not all be reaching for the Tar, Feathers and Rail just yet.

Happy New Year to all !
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
lzvagias

personally i think its good to hear these things, if it was just one person griping about a bad experience thats understandable, but when several people are saying the same thing about the same vender thats concerning. if a vender wants to overcome scenarios such as this he should bend over backwards to rebuild his reputation and smother any disgruntled comments. evidently he has done niether from what i have read about him. funny that i've never heard anybody bad mouth whh or marine specs and i'm sure that they have personal crisis every now and then but they make sure that their buisiness still get handled. i'm not trying to talk people out of ordering his stuff as i've had no bad experience with him personally, but i think its important people know about a questionable track record of a vender so they can decide whether they want to take a chance or not. i'm glad that you recieved your parts without trouble, but i ordered speedmaster hardware this past monday from rcboatgear. i wish i had known more then because when it comes to giving somebody my money i don't won't to get a pitty party about somebody's personal problems, i want my parts! i know, call me cold.