Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

anyone hear of "BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS"

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

anyone hear of "BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS"

Old 12-08-2005, 04:09 PM
desertbuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone hear of "BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS"

BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS ??..... can't find their website ....
Has anyone heard of these guys? ...
Old 12-08-2005, 06:08 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: anyone hear of "BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS"

There is a link for it on jrcbd.com, look under !QUOT!Links!QUOT! down at the bottom in a bright yellow box and Viola! The link doesn't seem to connect to anything though. Ken.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:37 PM
htawfik3

Surprisingly I'm Egyptian leaving in Cairo but I know BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS well since I import from him 13 aeromarine and AC gas powered boats.

Blois hobby is located in Canada, he is well known for tuned engines and manufacturing Ceramic Coatings Pipes and Pistons , his web site changed from www. BBlois.com to www.needforspeedhobbies.com , also you can read an article about his products at http://www.modelgasboats.com/html/index.php?section=107 , please don't hesitate to ask for any information.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
htawfik3

I will make it simple for you, look first at www.aeromarinerc.com under sport X hydro turbine style hull ( part number 1212) for 340.00 US.$ and Complete Hardware Kit for the Sport X Hydro -Gas engine ( part number 1210H250GC) for 250.00 US.$ and Octura propeller ( part number Oct1475) for 17.00 US.$ then go to BLOIS HOBBY PRODUCTS web page at Zenoah G231 PUM for 350.00 US.$, tuned pipe for 165.00 US.$ and engine header for 30.00 US.$ , then add the prices for 2 channel transmitter and one high torque servo and one 1/4 scale servo with a price of 150.00 US.$ you will come to a total of 1302.00 US.$, this price is not included shipping coast and assembling fee.

Note: since I'm racing R/C boats from 20 years ago, I would like to notify that usually, Racers avoid buying RTR kits, in contrary they are very selective in purchasing every single part and they spend respectable time to build and tuned their boats.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:53 AM
dbryan

It is good to see a Masri on here! My last trip to Cairo was in 1985.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:33 PM
desertbuzz

Htawfik3 .... thanks for the clarification ... I had no idea what make was the hull... Get my number from Bibo... we should maybe get together.

dbryan : That makes 2 Masris ;-)
Things have changed a lot since 85... What were u doin' down here? Let us know if you ever come by again... We'll go splash some water or Bash our r/c Savage.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
htawfik3

Thanks desertbuzz for your concern and certainly I will get you number from Bibo to and I will contact you. Until then please feel free for asking any question about R/C hobby what ever electric, nitro or gas models.

dbryan : MASRI... very nice replay, it seems you spent long time in Egypt …. as desertbuzz said , a lot of changes happened since 85, you should come a see by yourself…. interesting to know which boat you have and if you race or not…… I'm in final stage for finalizing a project for large scale Giesse 215 cm hull made by precession hulls and powered by 2 X 50 cc POLINI engines…. expecting this boat will fly.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
dbryan

From 80 to 85 I was in and out of Egypt regularly. I was working with Drexel and Amoco. I had good friends in Giza. When the oil field busted, the job went away.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:05 PM
lzvagias

just curious, what does it cost to have a boat shipped from here in the u.s. all the way to egypt?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in final stage for finalizing a project for large scale Giesse 215 cm hull made by precession hulls and powered by 2 X 50 cc POLINI engines….
htawfik3 - How are you going to accomplish that. I have one of these cats and a Polini 50. I cant see getting 1/2 of the motor inside the hull and no where near the sponsons (for a twin installation). Mounting them on the tunnel will give you a boat that will flip every chance it gets. How far into this project are you ??

My trials show a QD35 barely fits and Zenoahs fit with some comfort. Blatas and Polini's are out of the question (IMHO).

Let us know what your up to
Old 12-12-2005, 10:01 PM
dbryan

Less than the import duty when it gets there!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
dbryan

That will be some boat. Not many of that size in operation. What kind of drive and what speed do you expect. I think throttle control will be very intense.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
lzvagias

Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 AM
htawfik3

It depends on the size and weight and size of boat, usually they charge us for volume since the packaging to huge , normally we don't ship through Fed. express or UPS ect…., we use shipping agent whom they are very cheap and fast , the shipping coast of powered gas boat size like 40" to 60" around 80 US.$ to Egypt
Old 12-13-2005, 04:57 AM
htawfik3

It depends on the size and weight and size of boat, usually they charge us for volume since the packaging to huge , normally we don't ship through Fed. express or UPS ect…., we use shipping agent whom they are very cheap and fast , the shipping coast of powered gas boat size like 40" to 60" around 80 US.$ to Egypt
Old 12-13-2005, 04:58 AM
htawfik3

Custom duty in Egypt for all R/C models is not high just 5%
Old 12-13-2005, 06:00 AM
htawfik3

Justaddwata- you are absolutely right the regular Polini's engine is large for such hull but Italian ( Georgo Goudo) make a complete custom modification on the engine and engine mount for whom they are crazy about speed and willing to pay for such art ( it is extremely expensive) although I didn't finish the project yet I took a shots for different building stage and I will post it soon, maybe it will be a help for you.

Your trail is right the QD 35 and Zenoah is suitable for such a boat with headache free, although I didn't try them for CAT hull , but I fixed same size (Mathe 35cc ) on my SUPER HAWAII 215cm and I achieved a speed of 73 MpH easily.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:17 AM
htawfik3

The drive custom made manufactured by Italian Georgo Goudo, I guess this boat will brake 100 MpH in back wind and if I'm lucky and the Kevlar and carbon fiber extra stiffens will worked well to handle such over powered engines.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:21 AM
dbryan

What location do you use that you are able to operate at these speeds? That will be a spectacular boat. Please post pictures when they are available!