Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

MTI Build Progress

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

MTI Build Progress

Old 12-11-2005, 08:04 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTI Build Progress

Ok, finally ordering the hull tommorow and going to order the engine and mounts. I'll purchase the other things in the following days. Just wanted to let you guys know. I may have it painted before I build it. Which one do you think?

Check these out, for paint:
1.) http://www.funlol.com/funpages/arnoldspizzashop.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21983.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	368427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62510.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	368428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94932.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	368429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29057.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	368430  
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Sayonara

Default RE: MTI Build Progress

I like the first and second ones but they are all nice. Looking forward to hearing about your progress as i am following close behind you in building my cat as well. I just have to finish the rebuild of the 260 zen in my 43 challanger. Keep us posted and good luck!!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:24 PM
FROGMAN524

WELL, TONIGHT I'M EXCITED IN MAKING THE FIRST PURCHASE TOWARDS THE BOAT, THE BONZI SPORT'S ZENOAH 260PUM OFF OF EBAY FOR $211.50 INCLUDING SHIPPING, SAVED $40.00!!!!!! Did you see the video, I know it's off topic but too funny not to share with you guys. Which cat are you building?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 AM
xxxboatworks

I would strongly suggest you build the boat and run it before you paint it. Once it is all set up the way you want it, take it all apart and get it painted. It is tough to cut holes (or patch holes) on a painted boat. You also don't have to worry so much about scratching a nice paint job with a dremel, tools or drill if the hull is not painted yet. I have built them both ways and it is much easier to build a unpainted boat.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Sayonara

Frogman,
I was looking at the 53" MHZ in the RCU classifieds. It was setup to be turbine powered but could be converted for a 260. He is asking $400 for the hull but I have been advised it probably is not worth that much due to the added work I would have to put in to it. I may keep looking at them until I can make up my mind. I feel like Im going down the same road you are. Just keep paving the way...
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
FROGMAN524

Yeah, good idea to skip on that boat, the MTI is 7" longer for more stability, and is only $350.00, although I'm probably ordering the hull and engine mounts today or tommorow, I'm not sure what Bonzi, for the mounts, or expresscraft, for the hull, are charging for shipping. Should be around same price shipped though. Good luck to you, and hopefully somebody's wishing me some too, because I need it. Ken.