Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Stock Zen G-26M with a WT-275 big bor carb

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Old 01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
shumzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Zen G-26M with a WT-275 big bor carb

I need some information people I’m running
A WT-275 big bor carb on a stock Zen G-26M

I was told this info I’m confirming this
8oz to 1 Gal gas?
2 low 1 high?

What are the needle settings for?
This setup and what oil to fuel mix should I use

Thanks
Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 AM
pyro1

Default RE: Stock Zen G-26M with a WT-275 big bor carb

Please go to www.whobbies.com and read (engin oil a must read ). Many people contaminate their gas with too much oil. This article written by Tony of Warehouse Hobbies is the best that I have ever read. Tony has over 30 years of expierence. He is the one who kicked this once dying hobby off. He simply knows what he is talking about.

keep the hobby alive, Pyro1
p.s. What questions do you have on the carb?, I might be able to help. email me if you like.
Generally Low 2 & Hi 1 1/4 is a good starting point. Its very easy to flood this carb. It does not have a choke,put your finger over the opening of the carb and pull the engin over slowly 2 compression strokes( Thunk-Thunk ) until your finger is wet and no more. Good luck
Old 01-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Believe It
Banned

some people believe the more oil you can run without fouling the plug, the more power you will make. Who knows... i broke in and ran my stocker with 10oz/1gal of Homelite synthetic and it ran pretty good (15,900+rpm with 257 carb).

2-1/4 to 2-1/2 on the low and 1 on the high is a good starting point. Whatever settings you use, run the boat hard for a couple laps and bring it in and look at the plug and make your adjustments from there.

and for your question...the needle settings are for setting fuel 'flow' through the carb. They set how lean or rich the motor runs at low and high rpm/throttle. You want to keep a good transition from low to high so the motor doesnt 'stumble' when you stab the gas, thus the reason for testing and needle tweaking.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:49 AM
shumzz

Thanks, the
"What are the needle settings for?" was a typo. But thanks for the help.
I meant to ask "What are the needle settings for this setup and what oil to fuel mix should I use?
LOL But I can’t type or spell.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:21 PM
shumzz

Thanks for all the help.

Fiesta Island, San Diego, CA
BONZÍ Carb Red Velocity Stack
Zero Drag Seals
BONZI Red Water Jacket
Pro Clutchless Adapter

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....1574b07249800d

Old 01-15-2007, 03:09 PM
tazmaniaboats

hello shumzz try to remove the velocity stack as some times the 257 carbs don,t like velocity stacks .one important tip is throw away the champion plug that come with the zen motor and use a ngk plug or a ngk iradium plug .if the 257 carb is fitted the carb mount must be rebbored as this is a bit narrow.
good luck nice boat.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
GasserX

Boat looks great Dude. Runs pretty quick too
Old 02-08-2007, 01:44 PM
alan007bandit

hi i am thinking of fitting zero drag seals to my zen do they make a noticable differance.......cheers......alan
Old 02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Slow Motion

If you're running a 257 carb, they perform better with no velocity stack. Set them to 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 low, and 7/8 to 1 high. Get an NGK plug in there, before the Champion comes apart and ruins your motor ( happens alot ). All the pro eng. builders ( except Tony ), will tell you and have dyno, and years of eng. teardowns to prove it, that 8 to 10 oz. of GOOD FULL SYNTHETIC 2 stroke oil, to a gal. of gas, makes the most power and the engs. show no signs of ware.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Slow Motion

If you're running a 257 carb, they perform better with no velocity stack. Set them to 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 low, and 7/8 to 1 high. Get an NGK plug in there, before the Champion comes apart and ruins your motor ( happens alot ). All the pro eng. builders ( except Tony ), will tell you and have dyno, and years of eng. teardowns to prove it, that 8 to 10 oz. of GOOD FULL SYNTHETIC 2 stroke oil, to a gal. of gas, makes the most power and the engs. show no signs of ware.

not all. Ask Butch Fields (well known "pro" engine builder) if you should run synthetic in a brand new motor
Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
apache57stryker43

Use amsoil dominator oil or honda hp2.

JT~
Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Slow Motion

Two of the very best JT. Couldn't agree more.

Believe It, If that's how Butch feels about breaking in NEW engs. ( on reg. 2 stroke oil ), then he's not alone. Some feel the ring takes a better " seat " that way. Many more feel there is no difference for breakin. But let's be fair, I'm sure he too, runs full synthetic for everyday testing and racing.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Slow Motion

Two of the very best JT. Couldn't agree more.

Believe It, If that's how Butch feels about breaking in NEW engs. ( on reg. 2 stroke oil ), then he's not alone. Some feel the ring takes a better " seat " that way. Many more feel there is no difference for breakin. But let's be fair, I'm sure he too, runs full synthetic for everyday testing and racing.

actually no. I ran amsoil dominator and he wasnt too fond of it. Told me if i wanted to switch after getting a gallon through the motor that'd be fine... BUT, i highly doubt he uses synthetic for everyday running and testing since he only runs and advises to run quicksilver. From what he told me, he has done lots and lots of dyno testing and quicksilver was the best. But hey, everyone says X is the best.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Slow Motion

If that is true about Butch, then I stand corrected. Instead of saying " all " eng. builders, I should have said " the vast majority ". I wouldn't want anyone to have to pick apart every word in a reply and challenge it. I mean, the whole drift of the info might end up getting lost in silly banter. My bad!! Now, You'll have to excuse me. Walmart has a $.99 / gal. special on 2 stroke oil, and I'm nearly out of fuel mix for my QD. I've got to get down there!!
You better " believe it " !