Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Another 48" woody build

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Another 48" woody build

Old 05-25-2008, 02:04 PM
jeremy242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another 48" woody build

I got mine as a 25cc toro weedy engine but zenoah stuff will bolt up to it. It is probably a clone or rip off. Either way the 270 works good but i have not tried anyother props.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:19 PM
dannyual777

ORIGINAL: jeremy242

I got mine as a 25cc toro weedy engine but zenoah stuff will bolt up to it. It is probably a clone or rip off. Either way the 270 works good but i have not tried anyother props.
Thanks for the confirmation, jeremy .

Danny
Old 05-25-2008, 03:09 PM
mmurray70

Thanks for the comments guys. Had it out again today. I got my carb problem fixed but its still not reaching the rpms that it should. Have to wait and try a new prop I guess. Heres the video from today. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFxdIpR-xQ
Old 05-25-2008, 04:58 PM
bentley marshall

ORIGINAL: dannyual777

ORIGINAL: bentley marshall

i would try a 275 270 prop i have the same boat with a zenoah weedy engine 25cc the best prop ive used on that was a 270 get max revs and speed the 280 is good for high grunt engines not so good for motors that like to rev ...
by the way the boat looks great .....

When I first read your advice about the 270 prop, I wondered why it would work good for you when I was told on another forum that the 270 was too small for even a stock 260 Zenoah engine. I'm not trying to be negative but are you sure of the engine that you've got there? It doesn't look like a Zenoah to me.

jeremy242, you've got the same engine. Can you confirm what it is?

Danny
yep my motor is a gen zenoah weedeater engine ......... zenoah make all sorts of engines not only ones for rc cars and boats .....
Old 05-26-2008, 10:43 PM
dannyual777

ORIGINAL: bentley marshall

yep my motor is a gen zenoah weedeater engine ......... zenoah make all sorts of engines not only ones for rc cars and boats .....
Okay, I see. It looks like Zenoah makes some true "weedeater" type engines in addition to their "RC" engines. The "weedeater" type is what you've got in your boat.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
mmurray70

Hey guys im playing around with another engine now, a 27cc stihl. I'm just wondering how important the center of gravity is? Front to back im at 30% but im wondering how important the height of the engine is? I can mount the stihl considerable lower then my homelite was mounted. Almost and inch lower id say. Is a lower center of gravity always better? If i use my old tube i can drop it right in, but if i run it lower id have to make a new tube and modify the mounts i have made. Think its worth the hassle?

Heres a vid of my boat with a smaller prop (275) on my homelite 25cc, running a little better now. Finally on the pipe anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jtKChBsB8g
Old 06-06-2008, 06:45 PM
martno1fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it lower it will help for sure that said having too much weight low in the boat can be a disadvantage or so ive read in books.Your woody is pretty low to the water as it is so id keep things reasonably low especially when using the heavier weedy motors.A low centre of gravity can be a disadvantage in turns but good for straight running apparently so id say somewhere in between would be the best way to go.When a vee is turning its running on one side of the vee (bottom) so its centre of bouyancy is the centreline of the surface its running on,if your centre of gravity is low then in a turn it moves further away from the centre of bouyancy than if its higher up if that makes sense?,have a read of John Finches book advanced rc boat modelling its all in there.Im off for a lay down all this technical stuff is too much for me .
Mart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32160.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	965092  
Old 06-06-2008, 11:35 PM
dwr9

Personally I would put it as low as I could get it. Doug
Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 AM
leebart121

Default RE: Another 48

I have been reading through alot of these old builds and this looks great.
I reposted your videos so that I could see them in the thread as my pc hates going to youtube.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAb3gie8cGQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFxdIpR-xQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jtKChBsB8g[/youtube]