Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

clutch question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Jager 247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch question

can i mount a clutch on the aeromarine Avenger. if so what would be the best clutch to get, there isn't a lot of room but this boat is new to me so i'm not sure. Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 03:46 AM
wayneuk01

Default RE: clutch question

let me no how u get on iam also building one with a clutch either a bonzi half clutch or the full one and was wondering the same thing
Old 07-01-2007, 07:47 AM
motorhead540

i am looking for a clutch that can be used on a v24 aquacraft with the fuji imva engine any idesa
Old 07-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Paul M

I don't think you can do it without butchering the cowl. Check into a marine specialties clutch. I saw a guy on here who put one into an Expresscraft T-bolt cat and it was REAL tight but he did it. User name was Izvagius. you can probably find the thread if you search.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
warrgy69
My Feedback: (63)

Hey guys, I have an AM Avenger 44 that I just put a MS clutch in. It is the orginal version with the drop down where the flex is so clearance wasn't bad. I will get some pics and shoot them over. It will be a little slower than my Pro but it is more for fun. 62mph isn't always fun. I would be happy with low 50's with clutch. Catch yall later.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:27 PM
wayneuk01

i fit a bonzi zen 26 with mild mod and clutch and mounts it fits verry snug without moving the engine forward or butchering the lid but the shaft moves a little more to the rear of the boat and will get in the way of a radio box unless u make one to fit around the shaft so iam not using a radio box just using my top secret servo mounts to the stringers and the base of the boat for the steering servo however the receiver will be in a water tight box alone