Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Best Deep V for the $

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Best Deep V for the $

Old 08-12-2007, 12:50 AM
ScooterTrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Deep V for the $

[sm=confused.gif] Will i got around $2000.00 & am wanting to get a 55"+ Deep V that will run 50 + mph RTR! What do yall sujest? Open to all offers, Thanks,
Old 08-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Ultimate48
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Best Ceep V for the $

ask XXXBoatworks

He has RTR boats or will build the boat you want !

Steve
Old 08-12-2007, 02:04 AM
ScooterTrash

Thanks Ultimate48, Well I sold my FG MT5 .& I want to get a boat 55" or longer Deep V. I want a good power plant "Zenoha" that will run 40+mph with a water pump colling system & trim tabs that I can use a 3ed channel on to adjust the trim tabs. I got around $2,000.00. I am open to any sugestions. I looked at the Shockwave55 around a year a go at the local hobby shop, but it didn't have a clutch. What do yall think about this one-> http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=695 .I do not want to put in a lot of hop up's or upgrades! & I want a good dependable one. Any I would be greatfull for! Thanks, PS: I Here Horizon Hobby is good!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:23 AM
SmattaHead

Hey Scooter

Two of the three boats you pic above are WareHouseHobbies boats. I just got an Enforcer SuperG with some add ons for under a grand. It runs very well out of the box. Mine is air-cooled, but you can have Tony C put a Zenoah 260 water cooled with pump and tuned pipe muffler for a little more $. The thing runs awesome and about 40 mph out of the box.

Check it out at www.warehousehobbies.com. You won't be disappointed. Tony's customer care is second to none!

Good luck![sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 08-12-2007, 05:58 AM
ScooterTrash

Thanks SmattaHead, I have heard noithun but"Good about WareHouseHobbies[sm=thumbup.gif] ! I think I want the Enforcer Magnum 57 "BIG" I have neen it to Rc's for over 30 years, but have never had a boat, I want one. Do yhey cime with a stander Engine "SIZE? I want the Zenoah 260 water cooled with pump and tuned pipe! They don't gove alot of info. on it Engine, Etc. Does it come wiyh the Engine rubber mounts? I want to get one RTR, As I have no time to build it! Like you said, I also want the tuned pipe Water cooled or not? what are the disavntage ir advantig of both in your opition? With the canapny on does it get much water in threr? There is a lot of salt water around here! If I fluch it after there should be no problrm Right? Thnks for all the [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 AM
pyro1

Default RE: Best Deep V for the $

ScooterTrash,

I own the Big Red One. Its a great boat!! I have a Zenoah Mod with a race carb ( no choke )
I,m still in the break in period but have nailed it a few times. So far 46mph with a GPS on board.
This motor turns about 16,000 Rpm. Not too shabby. As for Warehouse Hobbies, Tony builds the strongest boats on the market. Four layers of hand layed reinforced fiber glass with flawless gel coat finishes, 7 ply birch stringers. Give him a call. The best time to talk to him 1 on 1 is around 8 to 8:30 am (est.). He is the one who started this industry of Gas powered boats. He has raced for over 30yrs. Tony & his wife Pam will get you on the water with style. ( pictures were taken before & after detailing )
Keep the hobby alive[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45341.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	740500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46277.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	740501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85673.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	740502  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
rolland

Then Magnum comes with a water-cooled G260. Warehouse Hobbies boats are one of the toughest boats that you can purchase RTR. There realy isn't a comparisson with the Shockwave.
Here is the link to the Magnum,
http://www.whobbies.com/magnum57/magnum57.htm

rolland
Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 AM
magnum57

my magnum is a great boat. you cant beat the warehouse hobbies product. the support is awesome. thanks tony. the bonzi is also a very well built boat. my 64" inline twin with the mhz outdrive is one of best boats i've owned. i thought a twin would be tuff to run but its just a pleasure to play with.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
wayneuk01

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Wharehouse-Hobbies-Super-Sport-Zenoah-G260PUM_W0QQitemZ300146067426QQihZ020QQcategoryZ19 166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]super sport e bay[/link]used or new ? this looks pretty good

or aeromarine hull only

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aeromarine-Lamin...QQcmdZViewItem

but unless u want to throw your money away avoid this

http://cgi.ebay.com/R-C-Gas-Whitesha...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 AM
simonmiller

http://bonzisports.com/

I think these guys do some of the best boats on the market - and the customer service they offer can' t be beaten by anybody!

Simom.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
SS RC Boats

If you do decide to go with the Magnum 57 i will get Tony to build the hull a little lighter than the normal weight for the Zenoah.I had two of these hulls,one with the Zenoah and the other with a Mathe 35.The Zenoah ran over 50 easy,but of course the hull was built lighter in order to achieve those speeds,otherwise getting that 50 may cause you to spend a few dollars(Fine Tuning) with that hull.The Mathe 35 ran 57-58mph with a oval set-up and 60+ if ran a bit looser,but still handle great and they can turn good to.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Check with http://www.aeromarinerc.com/ as they sell several RTR boats.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM
khkim0102

Yes, Magnum is a beautiful boat.

Then, what about "Man- o- War" from Warehouse hobby? It is said that the top speed is "50mph." It seems that this is a littles faster than Magnum.

Magnum, Manta Ray, or Man-o-War, which one is the fastest one and which one can handle rough water most effectively?

Thanks for your attention.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 PM
babflyer
My Feedback: (2)

I may be wrong but my understanding is that the magnum is the boat to have for rough water and the team pro is the boat for speed. speed and rough water handling aren't two things that really go together. I just have a couple of test runs on my new magnum 57 in a pond and let me tell you its not in its element there! When I told Tony that I was planing to run my magnum alongside a real boat and that my hydros did ok at times but never liked it in the swails behind the real boat he said get the magnum. I am sure that the team pro would be a little more fun in the pond than the magnum is though. As I said the pond isn't the place for the magnum to shine, its handles everything so easily that its kind of boring. Sort of like my hydros, they are both the same speed but the fun one to drive is the one thats on the edge and you actually have to drive it where the other one is so stable you just hold the gas and turn and it gets old.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM
magnum57

u got it babflyer. i've ran all the warehouse hobbie hulls and the best one for rought H2o is the magnum57. a little boring i agree but the manta ray and the man o war are the same type of action. there just a all time great fun boat. now the bonzi heres when it gets real fun but it takes big $$$$$$ to go fast. the WHH supersport is a real on the edge type of boat small and fast. what ever u do your gonna love this hobbie.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Bullitt01

Get a Manta Ray....you will be VERY happy. (try it with a mid mod)
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Bullitt01

PS ...i run my Ray in salt water. just flush every thing real good, spray metal with corrison X. you will have no problems.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:17 AM
SS RC Boats

The Man O War will be a little faster than the Magnum with the same power due to it being 10" shorter,but as i was saying my Magnum was lighter in weight than a standard weight magnum.Due to it being lighter i was able to get over 50mph easy with 57" as oposed to the Man O War doing 50mph at top speed and being only 46".But if you want to go that small then i will say this,SEADUCER 47 RACE!!!On a lake,either calm or slight ripple,aint nothing like'em.I have two with mod-zenoahs.But im now putting together an Expresscraft GTX with QD25 for rough water only,while the Seaducer's run the lake.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
ScooterTrash

Hi All, I was wandering if the lighter Magnum is more likely to crack than the standerd one? How do they make it lighter? Less of something!? I want a Deep V because it can handle the Choppy Water's![sm=thumbup.gif] PS: How long is the Man O Ray ? I got it 55"
Old 08-31-2007, 03:28 PM
khkim0102

Hi, guys! Thanks for your response.

Now I am planning to buy one of Manta Ray, Man O War, or Magnum. As I said, I need both good ability for handling rough water and high speed.

Which one do you recommend? Do these boat have a clutch? I need a clutch. If they don't have, is it possible to install a clutch?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
SS RC Boats

If your choice is one of the three boats mentioned then go with the Manta Ray.You may not be as fast as the Man O War due to it being only 46",but should be able to handle the rough water like the Magnum.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Bullitt01

My Manta Ray handles any water i put it in. And yes, they do have a clutch.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
khkim0102

Thank you very much for your answer.

If you don't mind, may I ask one more question, please?

How faster is Man O War than Manta Ray? Why is Man O War less effective than Manta Ray on rough water?

Once again, thank you for your attention.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:48 AM
YKNOTRC

I have a Magnum 57 from WHH,IMHO it is hard to beat for the money! I run it in rough water most of the time and have not had any problems!Tony is a great guy to deal with.btw it has run 45.7 mph on gps stock!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:33 AM
SS RC Boats

I dont know the speed difference between the two hulls but the Manta Ray will handle the rough water better due to the extra 9" in length.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.