Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Time to buy the Zenoah Engine ?'s

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Time to buy the Zenoah Engine ?'s

Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
fuelman8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to buy the Zenoah Engine ?'s

I'm at the point where I need to buy the engine for my Easy Vee.

What is the difference between the WT 257 and the WT 644 big bore carbs for the G260 Zenoah?

What are the pros and cons to using a clutch or not using one?

Also can anyone tell me if it would be benificial to add spray rails on the easy vee?

Thanks Guys
Old 12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
slivic003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to buy the Zenoah Engine ?'s

If you are running a stock zenoah run a 644 carb . They are much easier to tune . And the 644 has a choke and primer bulb as the 257 does not . Running a clutch is a nice feature if you want to crank the boat and it not take off . You will need a water pump so the motor does not over heat when at idle in the water . The drawback on a clutch is the motor has to turn the added weight to the crank shaft and the extra weight in the boat . Running with out a clutch will allow all the power from the motor to transfer directly to the prop . And you will have less weight in the boat ! If your boat is just one to run and have fun with use a clutch . If you are looking for all out speed and may race don't run a clutch .