Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zenoag Mods?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zenoag Mods?

Old 12-15-2007, 03:40 AM
martno1fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Zenoag Mods?

ORIGINAL: ken0276

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

martno1fan, I have 4 mod 260s, Zen7 is best for the speed within those 260s, by the way, Thanks for the replying for its specs.
Ken who modded the other 3 zens care to name some names ?On second thoughts better do it in pm we dont want to upset any frail egos do we.
Ok, I ran many engine in my past a couple years, some are gone and some are still alive, my first engine was Homelite 30 then 2 old Hanson/QD 3 and 4 bearing 25cc, BTB 260, CC racing/QD 25, CC racing/Hanson Hornet HB 260, 2 RedLine 260, EZ4 260 and Zen7, for those engines that I have been ran on my Cats, personally, I prefer Zen7 engine for the speed and performance.
Thanks for that Ken very brave of you under the circumstances ,listen guys to asume that the only engine modders of any worth all come from the states is just rubbish.Fact is not many people are interested in speed records this side of the pond its all about racing ,ohh and having fun remember that word?.Believe it you wont "believe" excuse the pun that Daves motor can make 7 hp no matter what,wether it does or it doesnt the Fact is its proven against boats and motors from all over the world and comes second to none, Daves trophy cabinate proves that.You have seen that bbmods said he believes it does make 7 hp and that his qd ht cant keep up with it and now Ken has stated its the fastest motor in his collection,that includes a cc racing engine among others.I dont understand why you try to put down this motor when you havent run one,id suggest buying one trying it and then give an honest opinion on it? ,at least then if you dont like it you can then say you ran it.Im not saying Daves is better than anyone elses motor but what you guys are saying is just not fair,anyway have a good christmas guys and lets not all fall out over this again.Everyones entitled to an opinion but at least lets keep it civilised and honest.
mart
ps
Radioactiver what do you base that statement on> "We all know there is a Santa Claus" if you have proof id like to see it and so would my kids just a little joke
Old 12-15-2007, 04:22 AM
JohnnyStingray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 10 cents;

A good friend of mine had the Hornet engine last summer. I had the Zen7. We were both very pleased with the engines. He`s selling his engine now to buy a Zen7....
AND; he WON the norwegian FSR-O26 class this year... (he`s a very good driver, I`m not...!).
So why does he do that???
Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Believe It
Banned

Thanks for that Ken very brave of you under the circumstances ,listen guys to asume that the only engine modders of any worth all come from the states is just rubbish.Fact is not many people are interested in speed records this side of the pond its all about racing ,ohh and having fun remember that word?.Believe it you wont "believe" excuse the pun that Daves motor can make 7 hp no matter what,wether it does or it doesnt the Fact is its proven against boats and motors from all over the world and comes second to none, Daves trophy cabinate proves that.You have seen that bbmods said he believes it does make 7 hp and that his qd ht cant keep up with it and now Ken has stated its the fastest motor in his collection,that includes a cc racing engine among others.I dont understand why you try to put down this motor when you havent run one,id suggest buying one trying it and then give an honest opinion on it? ,at least then if you dont like it you can then say you ran it.Im not saying Daves is better than anyone elses motor but what you guys are saying is just not fair,anyway have a good christmas guys and lets not all fall out over this again.Everyones entitled to an opinion but at least lets keep it civilised and honest.
mart
ps
Radioactiver what do you base that statement on> "We all know there is a Santa Claus" if you have proof id like to see it and so would my kids just a little joke

First off... dont say guys when saying someone only assumes good engine builders come from the states. I have said nothing about only engine builders only being worth anything in the states.... so dont assume because i dont believe 1 persons numbers, i dont think there are good engine builders outside of the country.

As far as bbmods QD cat not hanging with Ken's Zen7 cat... really doesnt prove much because unless its a fair comparison between motors using the exact same boats with same exact setups, there is no way of saying its ONLY the motor that keeps him from keeping up. At the last race in my district my QD cat was faster then all of the other cats in the class, and that includes another QD powered cat. Does this mean my QD is better then his QD, and all the other motors that were being run? If there was a Zen7 being raced in that class and i lapped it, im sure it would be because the owner of the boat hasnt set it up right im sure

If i bought one, and it didnt perform anywhere near what my QD does.... THEN what? Im sure the groupies would be telling me i have it setup wrong, or i did something to it and thats why its not performing "like it should". Ive still got no answer on a money back garuntee.....

Alot of things in life are not fair... turn the other cheek. I made HP with a blower combo on my mustang that many people could not believe i was doing with the little amount of boost i was running, because others were running double the amount and not making the kind of numbers i was producing. I got told there was no way i was doing it and that it couldnt be done all the time. I didnt get my pantys in a bunch... i waited til that group dyno day and laid down the numbers and in front of many of them and made words get ate.

Until a Zen7 shows up here in the south to race against me, ill continue to believe they do not make 7hp...its as simple as that. Im not just gonna spend $500+ to take a chance on a motor that may or may not perform the way it should because 1 person in the US has one that runs good.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
radioactiver/c

3 pages of replies and I'm the only one who bothered to answer fuelmans question in the first place?

Never said there weren't good engine tuners anywhere else, you guys are putting words in my mouth.Never said anything bad about people from outside the US.But some of you are bashing the tuners in the US and people in in the US in general.

The records are facts.

FACT:There is no other type of competition that requires as much hp as SAW. FACT:The SAW record holders are making the most power.FACTS:The records are facts not opinion.

We've wasted enough time on this and been down this road before, that old thread is well over a year old and I find it odd that only one guy comes up with a much higher power level thats all.
In statisics anytime you see a spike out of the norm, its questioned.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 AM
fuelman8

MOPARTYBOB

It's all good info as I am new to this hobby.
The research I have done has some conflicting comments as to the mods and I figured the people to ask are the ones that have actually done them not the companies that do them[8D]
Old 12-15-2007, 11:08 AM
fuelman8

Thanks for the info. I'll collect and sort through everything and will probably have to come back with more questions.
If I don't ask i'll never know!!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
DaveMarles

ORIGINAL: radioactiver/c

Never said there weren't good engine tuners anywhere else, you guys are putting words in my mouth.Never said anything bad about people from outside the US.But some of you are bashing the tuners in the US and people in in the US in general.
I wouldn't want to be pedantic but actually you said

" If the top engine builders in the US can't get 7, then it can't be done.

There is only so much you can get from a zen and the top engine guys in the US are
getting all that can be wrung out of a zen. "

As a matter of fact, straight line speed records interest very few people and its only a tiny proportion of boatracers who compete in SAW and so its a moot point regarding power output.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:38 PM
radioactiver/c

There isn't an engine builder in the US that doesn't consider SAW. Many of them work very hard for records, I'm sure they have tried just about
everything. While participation may be low, interest in SAW is high and the top builders stake their reputation on it.

Theres an old saying in racing: its all been tried before

The only differences are computer modeling has allowed for simulations, metalurgical advances and manufacturing techniques have allowed for things to be successful now, where in the past it met with failure.

even so there is no mythical fountain of youth in the power curve.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
ken0276
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

martno1fan, I have 4 mod 260s, Zen7 is best for the speed within those 260s, by the way, Thanks for the replying for its specs.
Ken who modded the other 3 zens care to name some names ?On second thoughts better do it in pm we dont want to upset any frail egos do we.
Ok, I ran many engine in my past a couple years, some are gone and some are still alive, my first engine was Homelite 30 then 2 old Hanson/QD 3 and 4 bearing 25cc, BTB 260, CC racing/QD 25, CC racing/Hanson Hornet HB 260, 2 RedLine 260, EZ4 260 and Zen7, for those engines that I have been ran on my Cats, personally, I prefer Zen7 engine for the speed and performance.
mart
ps
Martno1fan, For this hybrid 260 engine, it has a long story but it was over, I don't want talk about that, because it might due to another war here.

Believe it, I'm not a engine expert, you should contact Dave for those numbers. I bet you never ran Zen7 so you don't know its power yet. Also, I need to borrow your GPS and RPM meter for those #s on my Cats, just kidding, I never GPSed and RPMed on those stuff, all I know is the zen7 engine's power likes to put a V8 engine on your V6 car.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Tahoe1970

Wow you guys have had alot to say[8D] How about you send me one of these Zen7's and I will post results how it stacks up
See if it can really out run and out perform what I use.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Believe It
Banned

Believe it, I'm not a engine expert, you should contact Dave for those numbers. I bet you never ran Zen7 so you don't know its power yet. Also, I need to borrow your GPS and RPM meter for those #s on my Cats, just kidding, I never GPSed and RPMed on those stuff, all I know is the zen7 engine's power likes to put a V8 engine on your V6 car.

You make no sense. Let me ask you this... how can you make statements like these:

H667 is fast too but still can't beat that H50
it was over RPM due to came apart, it would pick up more speed then others for me.
if you have never had a tach or gps in the boat, how do you know the H50 was a faster prop? You cant go by how it "looks" on the water.. ive had props that made the boat "look" faster and the GPS showed it to be slower. How do you know it was over revving that threw the blade on that prop?

You are right, i dont know the power of the zen7.... but i do know the power of my CC Racing QD25 and it pushed my Insane gen1 cat to 66mph with he CL of the strut UNDER the sponsons, only turning high 17,400rpm just trying to keep the boat on the water for heat racing. With the strut raised up it was turning 18,300...and would hate to see what the GPS would have said [X(]

This is the funniest.

That's a great Cat, I hopefully you get this speed, lots boaters spend the time and money for chase it, I'm the one
spending alot of money to go 70mph especially buying a Zen7, but havent got a tach or gps yet? So you have no clue how fast any of your stuff has been other then by eye.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
martno1fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken dont worry about it mate let them believe what they want you know different and thats all that matters .
Old 12-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Believe It
Banned

btw... how can you talk about the Zen7 being faster then the other motors youve "had" when both the QD25 and CC Racing 260 you had, you dunked and broke before ever getting any actual runtime on them?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

id like to see the dyno sheet from the Zen7 just to dispell all the heresay
Old 12-15-2007, 05:56 PM
ken0276
Banned

Believe it, Did you just take a post out from here, I saw that, it was a good post, Why don't you let it stay here longer? Dare you put the whole thing back here?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Believe It
Banned

Believe it, Did you just take a post out from here, I saw that, it was a good post, Why don't you let it stay here longer? Dare you put the whole thing back here?
Actually i figured id be nice and edit my post. If you want to be exposed over here too.... we can surely start talking about that.

Actually... dare me? sure thing..

You screwed over Keven Sherin buying a brand new QD25 from him, then dunked it and had the porcelin drop into the motor. When you sent it back and he sent to someone else to be fixed, they found water still in the bottom of the case and in the bearings. Found water still in the carburator. You also did this with yet ANOTHER motor... a CC Racing Zenoah 260. THEN you filed a claim through paypal stating you were sent defective motors and got your $$$ back. Nice scam

But i guess since you edited all of your posts on jims, you didnt think anyone knew this.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Tahoe1970

Oh No , I smell a war coming
Old 12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
ken0276
Banned

ORIGINAL: Believe It

btw... how can you talk about the Zen7 being faster then the other motors youve "had" when both the QD25 and CC Racing 260 you had, you dunked and broke before ever getting any actual runtime on them?
Do you want to hear a story of those engines? go to ask their engine's builder before you give me an answer, we agree all that matters were over and resolved. You seemed like live in las Vegas at the lake, How did you know how I broke that engines?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Tahoe1970

Oh No , I smell a war coming
eh i tried to be nice. It was asked for... so i exposed it.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Believe It
Banned

im not even gonna bother with you anymore.

I'll tell you, like you've been told before.... bring that 7.3hp stryker cat out to one of the big races and lets see if you win some races.

Ill be in Huntsville at the SAW event next year taking a shot at the IMPBA XLS record, bring your cat out and you should be able to take down the LS27 record with 7.3hp! [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]
Old 12-15-2007, 08:29 PM
ken0276
Banned

You didn't bother me by most of the posts but except one of the post that you have removed out, for the H667 and H50 compared at that time, yes, human eyes can tell, I didn't use any GPS for that, H50 555(the blade was came off after that) was absolutely fast then H667 by a couple miles, my eyes could tell by that big different speed also could hear more screaming-RPM from that engine, those cats followed me for years even how many spots and stress cracks in it I would know that. I wish I could see you over there.....
Old 12-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Tahoe1970

Ken , I believe your boat was fast....That H50 you got from me. All of us are just wondering how good does that Zen7 really run ? Can you use a GPS ? Do you have a Tach ? Here's a video of my Cat running 71.9 on GPS and tell me if you think your motor Revs like this ? or covers the water in this manner.

http://media.putfile.com/Manchester-719MPH-Sprintcat
Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 PM
ken0276
Banned

Wally,

I know you have a great speed on your cat, I know it's not only from the engine, a good set up, a good prop and etc are the big factor, I don't have a H50 555 any more. you posted a thread for who can send you a Zen7 for the speed testing, I can do that for you, let me know your address again, I will ship it to you as soon as I can. I have to go now. Ken
Old 12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
radioactiver/c

By all means send that engine right now so it will arrive before next week end. I can predict the speed that tahoe1970 will get then, you will be pretty disappointed when it doesn't even go
Old 12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
slapnuts8725
Banned

GROOVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZBJTXyDL7g http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaIjJ44tcg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.